It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:38 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Food Photography
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:26 pm 

What tips are out there for taking pics of your well prepared, knife skill heavy meal? I always find most food pics to be lackluster. Visuals can make or break a meal. Most FB pics that I encounter do not do justice to the actual meal. Can anyone offer any tips?

Post subject: Re: Food Photography
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:39 pm 
Forum Moderator

Take lots of pics, make sure there isn't too much glare, pay attention to reflections, and be critical! :D :D Also, sometimes less is more, but be sure to get enough action also. Bad lighting can occur from bad angle, so try a few different angles.

With great sharpness comes great responsibility.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:57 pm 

Find a light source where you don't need a flash. Decent camera, tri-pod. (a small counter top model for small point and shoot cameras). Pay attention to the details. The camera doesn't lie. Watch for smudges, food particals etc. Think about angles. Use a basic photo editor to edit the photo before uploading. And remember it's all about light and where it is.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:04 pm 

Great thread. I agree with all the advice here. I find that I hate my food pictures. I have improved them by using more light, and focusing on the fact that I will take a picture when I plate. Height, color contrast, crispness, and a nice gloss help. A quality camera can't hurt either, but I'm stuck with my cell phone...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:02 am 
Forum Moderator

JACK <> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JC3NOY?ie=UTF8&tag=weddinphotog-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000JC3NOY

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]