It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:09 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Konsuke Knife questions.
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:28 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mark:

Here is another knife, the Konosuke Kiritsuke Yanagi 300mm Fujiyama White #2 that I am also considering.The difference between this 300mm and the 270mm one is that the 270mm one has a custom handle, is it not? This Konosuke Kiritsuke Yanagi 300mm Fujiyama White #2 is a single bevel knife with a mirror finish, is it not?

On your ordering page for this knife, there is no option menu for buying the saya for this knife, but on your description you said there is option for a saya. So, is there a saya available for this knife?

How do you compare this Konosuke Kiritsuke Yanagi 300mm Fujiyama White #2 with the Suisin 240mm Ginsanko Kiritsuke , the Doi Kiritsuke (either the 240mm or the 270mm) and the Keijiro Doi Blue Steel Yanagi Sashimi(in 240mm or 270mm) in terms of fit and finish, sharpness etc?

Sorry for all the questions, I need to have all the info on all these knives before I decide which one to buy.

Thanks in advance, Mark.

Steve

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Konsuke Knife questions.
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steve,

Yes the difference besides the size is the custom handle on the 270.

Yes the 300mm Fuji white #2 has a mirror finish on it.

I think I have a saya for it. I'll check when I get back to the office on Sunday.

The knives you are considering are all excellent knives. Besides the steel the Suisin is a larger knife and is a traditional Kiritsuke which means it's taller and a little thicker. The Doi is a traditional yanagi and an excellent knife. If I had to choose 1 of them I would choose the Konosuke followed by the Doi.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]