It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:31 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Moritka or Tanaka 150 Petty?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:37 pm 

I currently have a Tojiro 120 petty. Although I love this little knife, I am running my home kitchen with the petty and my CCK cleaver only and I find that I can use a little bigger and maybe nicer petty.

I do not want stainless. I am looking at the Moritaka or the Tanaka and I'm having trouble making up my mind which one. I have heard of a problem with the Moritaka knives having "holes" or dips in the blade which created problems with sharpening.

I have also heard sadly, that Mr. Tanaka passed away recently and his son has taken over.They seem to have a reputation for creating wonderful petty knives.

I would appreciate your input on which petty you would choose and why.

Thanks,
Ragamuffin

Post subject: Re: Moritka or Tanaka 150 Petty?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

They're comperable knives. Moritaka uses aogami super which is a little harder but I like the Tanaka damascus finish better. The handles on the Moritakas are better.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Moritka or Tanaka 150 Petty?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:05 pm 

I have the Moritaka 150 and it is really awesome. It is extremely sharp, looks great, and has a nice handle.

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/moritaka3.html

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]