It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:49 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nubatama Ume 1500 review.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,

I 've been using my new Nubatama Ume1500 stone lately and truthfully......wonder how in the Hell I ever got along without it!!! Thank you!!! Of course now I'm thinking of the Nubatama Bamboo 3000.
Is it similar in hardness and feel as the 1500 Ume? As you know the Ume 1500's dish resistance and cutting power are the stuff of legend, cuts so fast, but doesn't scratch deep, and very little mud....in my opinion....PERFECT!! Can I expect the same from the Bamboo 3000?

Thank you for your efforts!!

Scott

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Nubatama Ume 1500 review.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:48 am 
Forum Moderator

Scott,

IMO you can expect even more from the Bamboo 3k. The best way to appreciate the 3k is to watch the 2k bamboo video and then watch the 3k video. The 3k acts like the 2k bamboo - only finer. IMO there is nothing out there like the 2k 3k and 15k bamboo stones oiut there. In addition to the 1500 Ume, these stones impart a natural stone like contrast that is only seen in natural stones. As you can see in the 3k Bamboo stone, it's utility extends beyond 'just' acting like a natural to handling other steels quite nicely too.

---
Ken

Post subject: Re: Nubatama Ume 1500 review.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:09 pm 
Forum Moderator

Great, another half dozen stone's I wanna try!!

http://marrknives.com
http://facebook.com/marrknives

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]