It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 240 Artifex
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:54 pm 
Forum Moderator

Working on some 240mm Artifex for Mark! 3 Stabilized Maple Burl, 1 Amboyna burl! The other one in the pic is a 210mm Artifex I am doing up for one of my friends Dad for Christmas. We used one piece of Walnut Burl to both this chef knife and a matching fillet knife he got for his birthday this year.

Post subject: Re: 240 Artifex
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:49 pm 
Forum Moderator

210mm Artifex on top, 240mm Artifex below:

240's:

Sneak Peak at the next 3!! These are 1095 Carbon steel blanks ground, heat treated and finished by Randy Haas from HHH Custom Knives. I had ordered these a while back, but had recently found an AS Core Kanetsune 210 gyuto and the Artifex 210, so my 210mm gyuto spots got filled. I was looking for a different Nakiri and ordered this 7" one, but then I fell in love with the Tanaka Nakiri. So now these will be finished up and sent off to Mark!

I included a little piece of the handle material next to each. All are stabilized woods: Blue Box Elder Burl on the top Gyuto, Spalted Sycamore Burl on the other Gyuto and some nice Flamed Redwood Burl for the Nakiri handle.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]