It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:46 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kono, Takeda or Tojiro?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:19 pm 
Site Admin

alrighty mark, i need some direction, and you always seem to be good at that. i think it is time to get a 240 gyuto. i am almost certain i am set on a carbon steel. so the question is, konosuke or takeda or tojiro, perhaps something i have overlooked...one of your knives perhaps. i think last time you pointed me in the takeda direction. just wanted to double check. i take very good care of my knives and i am looking for a 240 that will last for a lifetime. and i am certainly looking for a great all arounder. unlike some of your other customers, i don't have the money to be buying chefs knives every other week. thanks again sir. cheers.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Kono, Takeda or Tojiro?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Eric,

The Takeda 240 Gyuto is a great knife. They're thin, hard and tall. That one is hard to pass up.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:39 am 
Forum Moderator

Check out the Tanaka Sekiso gyuto's. I have a 240 and it's now my main go to knife, period. It's almost 3mm at the spine, but it has an awesome convex grind down to the edge. Even on potatoes and onions, which are notorious for sticking and wedging, it just goes right thru them almost on par with my Tanaka Nakiri, but with less food sticking to the blades. I have been raving about this knife for the past few weeks. It's one of the few knives OOTB that I was happy with the edge and was sticking into my cutting board for the first few times using it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:47 am 

Unless you know you want a tall knife I wold stay away from them. For me the just create more unnecessary surface for food to stick to or have friction against. I currently own the 210 Takeda and although it isn't a bad knife it doesn't do anything better than my Konosuke.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:45 am 
Forum Moderator

ERIC <> I concur with CGFS, in that, a Takeda is a HUGE knife. It is only for someone who likes a crazy super tall knife.

Do you.?!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]