It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:26 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can the Edge Pro sharpen Tojiro DP knives?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Mark,

Do you know if the Edge Pro can do the Tojiro DP knives? I looked on line and they use a 9-12 degree angle on the cutting surface, but the video makes it sound like the sharpener starts at 15 degrees?

I think I'm also going to go with the EP3 until I learn what I'm doing, and I would rather mess up a $16 stone that a $35 - $45 Chosera stone. However, it sounds like the stock EP 1K stone is fairly equivalent to the Chosera 2K, so am I going to need to use a different stone to get the scratches out and make my Tojiro razor sharp like it was? If so what do you recommend?

Thanks again!
Scott

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Can the Edge Pro sharpen Tojiro DP knives?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

Yes the machine can easily do 10 degrees and can even go lower by raising the platform.

You can get a 5-6K stone to augment the Edge Pro 3. Try this shapton glass 6K stone. It's excellent and would be a perfect finisher for that set:
http://www.chefknivestogo.com/shglst5kfore.html

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:44 pm 

chefknivestogo wrote:Yes the machine can easily do 10 degrees and can even go lower by raising the platform.

How do you raise the platform? Do you have any pictures? How many degrees can the EP get by raising the platform?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

A small block of wood set on the platform will raise it up. You also might want to either cut out the piece to make a "lip" to keep the spine from sliding off.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:56 pm 

I just built up the entire platform using a piece of 3/4" plywood faced with a veneer of smooth linoleum I had laying around. Just cut a slot for the slide-stop and screw it on from the bottom of the platform. Works great!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]