It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: konosuke hd/hh new shape recommendation
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 pm 

I find that the konosuke 240 gyutos being a combo of light thin but the same size/shape as heavier western knives kind of awkward feeling in my hand for me personally,

and was wondering if there is a shape like a tall sujihiki (40-45mm blade height) w/ a slight belly in 240mm in the works (like the newer introduced takeda sasanoha large). The thinness of the hd/hh scream precision but the height and shape of the gyutos get in the way of that for me, and the petty and 240 suji are just a tad too short for "gyuto work".
I dont now the blade height of the funayuki shape or the kiritsuke but I have a feeling they have the same blade height (please correct me if Im wrong).

Just a suggestion and wondering if they are being considered,
and if Im being picky and over demanding, I apologize.

Post subject: Re: konosuke hd/hh new shape recommendation
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

We did the funi/gyuto to make a blade a little flatter on the edge but it's not that short.

They're so backed up now I'm afraid to make them do new styles and shapes because it will slow their production down.

I was succesful getting both Moritaka and Takeda to do a knife in the styly you're looking for. Also, we offer the Masamoto KS too.

I did have Konosuke do a thin and short 270 but I'm not sure when they'll surface.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:05 am 

Thanks for letting me know.
Just gasping for air so to speak,
but since you've got the new hd2s in, would it be possible to get you to get someone to grind down a regular hd?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:22 am 
Forum Moderator

JP <> The Kono 240 Funayuki is 49mm tall.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]