It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:32 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Several Knives F/S. -- SOLD!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28 pm 

Hello All, I am selling a bunch of knives, Lack of use, really. They are great knives, in great condition, most are hardly even used. Selling...

Goko Damascus 240mm Gyuto $105.00 USD + paypal fees. Shipped contiguous USA.
Goko W#1 150mm Petty $75.00 USD +paypal fees. Shipped contiguous USA.
Gassan B#2 165mm Nakiri $95.00 USD + paypal fees. Shipped contiguous USA.
Tanaka B#2 165mm Nakiri - Kurouchi Series $55.00 USD + paypal fees. Shipped contiguous USA.
Teruyasu-Fujiwara W#1 135mm Petty $110.00 USD + paypal fees. Shipped contiguous USA

Image Image

Goko Damascus 240mm Gyuto. Barely used at all, was SPF for months, it sat in its box on my shelf, lol. Buyer backed out, finally. I think this knife is a great value, Nice and thin, awesome at onions, AEB-L Steel. Handle could use some help, if the plastic ferrule isn't your thing. This knife is super thin, eerily similar to the Kikuichi Nickel Sweden Warikomi. I like that it is a little taller than average gyutos at this length, but for some reason, it just never finds its way into my roll. Needs a new home.
$105.00 USD

OOTB
Unboxing
Spine
Choil
Right Face
Left Face
Kanji
Handle

Goko W#1 Petty. This knife is a great stout little petty, this thing can do chickens with no issue at all. Fairly tall, gets screaming sharp. I just don't find myself using it all that much. Bought it to match a Goko W#1 gyuto that I use fairly often. Take care, It is pretty reactive.
$75.00 USD

Unboxing
OOTB
Right Face
Left Face
Spine
Choil
Handle

Gassan 165mm B#2 Nakiri
This knife is an awesome Nakiri, sharpens up very well and demolishes veg, the stainless cladding helps with reactivity and is hardly reactive at all on top of that. Never had an issue, I used it for a couple weeks on tomato dice. It did very well with edge retention on a poly board. Diced up to 25# of tomatoes at a time. After a couple days I grabbed my gyuto again and never went back. But don't let that keep you from a truly great performer, I would probably still use it if I actually wanted to. This knife has none of the handle issues others seem to have had with it. Again, this knife needs to go to someone who would enjoy it better.
$95.00 USD

Packed
Unboxing
OOTB
Right Face
Left Face
Kanji
Spine
Choil
Blade End
Handle
Handle Top
Handle Bottom

Tanaka Kurouchi B#2 165mm Nakiri
This knife is one of the most used, but still not all that much used. I bought it along with a Tanaka KU 240mm gyuto. I leave this knife at home for use there, but I can do without it. This knife is a ferocious worker, great grind and can become amazingly sharp. Edge retention at 4K+ is so-so. But it holds onto a 2K edge forever. I repaired the ferrule on this knife, performance is not affected at all. The cladding is Iron on this blade and has developed a grey patina, I have left it pretty well alone that way.
$55.00 USD

Unboxing
OOTB
Right Face
Left Face
Blade End
Kanji
Image Image
Spine
Choil
Handle

Teruyasu-Fujiwara W#1 Nashiji 135mm Petty
This knife is awesome. W#1 at this hardness is otherworldly, if not a touch chippy. I would call this a thinner petty, I would not separate a chicken with it, but it is great for peeling, slicing meats and fish and other hand held detail work. Peels the skin of tomatoes for flowers like nobody's business. I hesitate to sell this one, but like the others up in this post, I don't use it enough to justify keeping it from someone who would. There is a really faint scratch on the ferrule that was there when I got it (picture below), aside from that it is in complete new condition, I sharpened it one time, it has not needed it since, this 65HRC is something else on W#1
$110.00 USD

Unboxing
OOTB
Right Face
Left Face
Spine
Choil
Kanji
Scratch
Handle

Man , This write up was exhausting. For specs see the CKTG webpage, all these knives came from CKTG so the information is all there. I may be away from the forum for a while tonight, all interest is first come first served. I will get in touch with you guys in the order you PM. I sure hope that the members of this forum are willing to grab these knives up, they are great tools and really just sit around here.

Also, There is a Takagi Honyaki I have for sale too, the thread is here on the classifieds already, that knife is great!

Post subject: Re: Several Knives F/S.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:47 pm 

Goko Damascus SPF.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:42 am 

Teruyasu-Fujiwara Sold.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:46 am 

You need to sell that Goko petty so I don't have to tell my wife I bought another knife.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 am 

Lepus wrote:You need to sell that Goko petty so I don't have to tell my wife I bought another knife.

You could always tell her about the great knife you bought for a low price! haha. If you have never used a Goko, they get ridiculously sharp, really fast. Of all the knives I have, Goko gets the sharpest with the least amount of time invested. Just a few passes on a 6K and strop and it is a bright mirror polish.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:57 pm 

Goko 150mm Sold

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:30 pm 

Just to update....
Goko Damascus - Sold
Goko W#1 - Sold
Teruyasu-Fujiwara- Sold
Gassan B#2 Nakiri - $95.00
Tanaka KU - Price drop - $50.00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:19 pm 

might be easier to post whats left

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:12 pm 

Gassan SPF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:54 pm 
Forum Moderator

That Gassan is a nice Nakiri. Someone's getting a good deal :-).

Page 1 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next