It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:50 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Ikeda, Fujiwara FKH, Henckles, King -- SOLD!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:49 pm 

Ikeda 250mm gyuto.

Used lightly. Sharpened once. I have largely polished off the patina though there are some "ghosts" left. It is an extremely well built knife, just not my cup of tea. Asking $235. This is the product page: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/taik24dagy.html

Fujiwara FKH 240mm gyuto.

Excellent beginner carbon gyuto. This was my second or third JK (I cannot remember anymore :roll:). I have largely polished off the patina though there are a few "ghosts". It has a new green brick edge on it. The knife is in good condition. As this was a knife I leared sharpening on the bevel is a little irregular but the edge is straight and in good condition. The scales were slightly warped from the factory, but I have not found that to be a problem. Asking $70. This is the product page: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/fujiwaragyuto.html.

Henckles Professional S 7" Santoku.

This was a wedding gift that I toted around without having a use for for years. The knife has been used once to see if I liked it, otherwise it has been in storage. Basically new. Asking $50.

King Deluxe 800 and 1200 grit water stones. These were my first stones. Less than 10% wear. They are not as fast as most of my current stones but they get the job done. Asking $20/ea.

King Ice Bear 4k and 6k. These had been paired up with the King stones above as my first set. Less than 10% wear. The 4k is slow and a bit temperamental about how wet and how muddy it wants to be to work but the 6k is actually a pretty good stone, IMHO. Asking $20/ea.

I would love to sell all the Kings as a set. For all four stones, $65.

Naniwa Superstone 8k. These stones have a pretty loyal following but they are very soft. Less than 10% wear. Asking $90.

All prices include PayPal fees and shipping. All items have been phased out once or twice over so I am just making space in the cupboard/budget for the next round of toys. :mrgreen:

Please PM with any questions, I will be happy to try to answer them. I am open to offers though I am not desperate to get rid of anything. Please be patient with me, this is my first internet sale. I will do my best to communicate clearly and ship within a day or so of any purchases.

Post subject: Re: Ikeda, Fujiwara FKH, Henckles, King and Naniwa
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:03 pm 
Forum Moderator

Cedar - what's the height on your Ikeda at the heel? They seem to vary quite a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:45 pm 

PM sent earlier about Ikeda (I think you beat me, Steve!) Also about height... :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:13 pm 

I measured some specs on the Ikeda, here they are if anyone is curious:

Height at heel: 47mm
Length of handle: 122mm
Balance point: 33mm from choil, 53mm from front of hanle
Weight: 6.8oz
I have the box it came in but it is just a Richmond labeled box. It is in fairly good shape.

The closest knife I have to the Ikeda in terms of grind appears to be my Anryu Hammered. The Ikeda might be a touch thinner at the edge, but there is a shoulder about 5mm from the edge while the Anryu seems a more seamless transition. I also put it side by side with my Kohetsu 240mm, at the edge they are close but the Kohetsu is decidedly thinner as you get into the grind.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:34 pm 

Cedar, geometry on the Ikeda looks great and seems to have a nice flat edge profile. You've got a pretty amazing collection of knives, so not surprised to see you let this one go. If I hadn't just swapped my Shimo for a 250mm KS clone, I'd hit your ask. Doubt this knife will be living on these classifieds for very long.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:32 pm 

King stones sold.

Chip, the Ikeda is stunning but it does not ring my bell and there are no safe queens in this house ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:55 am 

Ha! Completely understood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:38 pm 

I just realized that I did not mention that the Naniwa SS 8k is the no base variety so it is twice the thickness of the 8k with the base.

As a reminder the Ikeda, Fujiwara, Henckel, and Naniwa stone remain available, only the King stones have sold. Please feel free to make offers I appreciate any interest. The worst that can happen is I say no ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:50 am 

Is the Ikeda still available?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:25 am 

Yes, the Ikeda is still available. Let if you have any questions.

Page 1 of 3 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next