It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:46 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Takagi Honyaki 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:01 pm 

Up for sale this time is a Takagi Honyaki gyuto in Aogami#2

This knife was made by master bladesmith Jyunichi Takagi. The entire blade is forged from Aogami#2, no cladding what-so-ever. The steel is differentially hardened to offer strength and durability, in the same fashion as the samurai swords as old.

I have had this knife for a few months and it just spends too much time sitting in the box for me to justify keeping it. I would like to give someone else a chance at it. I find it to be on the short side for me at 45mm tall. I have sharpened it and stropped it when I last took it to work. It has developed a slight patina, I haven't taken the time to remove it.

It is the exact knife in this video, I have still photos also if you find them necessary.

$248.00 USD Paypal preferred, buyer assumes paypal fees(roughly $8.00), shipped in the continental U.S.

Last edited by Dan_Crubenew on Wed May 21, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Takagi Honyaki 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 5:13 pm 

Lovely knife, great price. GLWS.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:38 pm 

Wish I had the funds for this! GLWS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm 

Jeff B wrote:Wish I had the funds for this! GLWS

It looks like it will be around on the classifieds for a long time, if you ever decide you want it! haha.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:56 am 

How much were you looking to get back for this knife?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:01 am 

CKTG lists the 240mm at $308.00USD new. I bought this knife 4 months ago or more, I quickly discovered that it is just not right for me. I bought it on impulse because it is a Honyaki forged knife at <$800. It is a well made knife, personally for me, it is too short and the handle is too small. I took it out of the box, sharpened it and went to work, cut a few ingredients (like 1 carrot, lol), cleaned it off and put it back in the box, it hasn't been out since. It just needs to go to someone who will both appreciate it and USE it.I appreciate it but never use it, you know.

Because I only used it for minutes, literally, I am trying to recover my full investment in the knife. I am open to a reasonable offer though, It has been for sale since May.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:38 am 

I would easy be able to spend $250 on the knife. It needs someone to give it some attention, and I can easily use and appreciate the beauty of the knife.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]