It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:31 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Knife Exchange
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:52 am 

I know Mark and the CKTG guys facilitate a great pass around program, but has the concept of an exchange program amongst vetted members been brought up? As someone still learning/experimenting, I know I would find a tremendous amount of value in playing around with a variety of blades. And for the more refined, it provides an opportunity to try a knife that might have been, or is currently under consideration for purchase. Seems like a good way to fill the tactile gap inherent in online purchases of this nature...

Post subject: Re: Knife Exchange
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:34 am 

Upon drunken consideration, the need for an intermediary, exchange, clearinghouse or other sort of service probably does indeed halt the concept unless it is a separate business model altogether. Semantics, semantics

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:44 pm 
Forum Moderator

Chip, feel free to establish contacts with people you trust who have knives you're interested in trying out & vice versa. PM's are your friend :-). Some of the moderators, including me, have sent knives to each other as a way to broaden our CKTG product experience. I don't see this as something that needs to be officially sanctioned.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:10 pm 

No, probably not :) After too many vodka/sake drinks last night I was thinking that something a little more institutionalized could be a really nice feature, but would probably require a legitimate business/product development initiative (more like a paid membership service that could support ID verification, knife inspection, processing virtual inventory etc.).
Trusted swaps with members is def. much easier :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

You write better drunk than I do when I'm sober.

There are lots of people that use the classified section to buy, try and sell it on to another user when they're done. If you care for your knives the discount to sell them should not be too large.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:53 pm 

Careful. Too much sake and you're going to have a business plan for a monthly knife pass around and a Kickstarter up and running.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]