It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:26 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Small World
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:09 am 

Last week I picked up 3 knives from a new Chef at one of nicer restaurants in my area, 2 of which were very nice Japanese knives. It isn't often that I get my hands on these knives to sharpen, and just for the chef to hand them over to me was not easy on his part.
I returned them after being sharpened and asked where he got them, knowing they are not available locally. He then started to tell me that he found the best online store available and the other chefs were nodding furiously, obviously they had heard about the store he was speaking of. I was ready to pounce on him seeing that I already knew the best place online to buy quality knives. Then he said, Chefs Knives to Go so it was all good, I thought it was pretty cool actually, here in little old Halifax Nova Scotia and I just happened to pick up those knives.

Post subject: Re: Small World
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:13 am 
Forum Moderator

Nice!!! That's pretty funny actually! It's nice when good words are spread about a great business!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:06 am 

Yeah, that is great. I meet a lot of customers who, before buying their good knives, got online and researched and spent a good amount of time lurking on the forums and obsessing over CKTG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks very much. I'm blushing. :)

Seriously, if it wasn't for all you knife nuts that keep pushing me try and do new things, the business would be nothing close to where it is now.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:12 pm 
Forum Moderator

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:58 pm 

The owner of the knives was so excited when he got them back and so appreciative that I decided not to charge him for the sharpening. I really value feedback when I get it...I'm very loyal and generous.

Mark I've sent you the Invoice instead........ :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:26 am 

i've lurked on the CKTG website for about 6 months then finally this forum went up. i was so happy.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]