It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Teruyasu-Fujiwara Nashiji 210mm gyuto
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:46 pm 

I recently purchased this knife and have the 150mm petty. The very elegant review and following discussion on the 240mm gyuto by Melampus and the ensuing review and discussion of the 150mm petty here hold true for this knife as well.
I pulled the knife from the box and WOW!....WOW! WOW! WOW! is exactly what went through my head. The rustic finish of this knife is so spectacular it's mesmerizing. Just as with the 150mm petty this knife was amazingly sharp out of the box. I washed it and did about 3 swipes on bare leather and then preceded to cut my finger checking it's sharpness, I'm such a putz sometimes.
The Teruyasu-Fujiwara Nashiji line of knives are the quintessential of what a J-knife is. This knife exudes tradition, mastery and history. You are transformed to another place and time when you pick up this knife. As has been said before, it truly has soul.

And by the way, it performs as well as it feels. Cuts so effortlessly, feels so nimble and nearly no sticktion at all. The white #1 at the 64-65 hardness sets this knife apart from any white steel I have touched. It's truly magical.
I will own the 240mm gyuto too when the time comes, guaranteed!

Thanks for your time!

Post subject: Re: Teruyasu-Fujiwara Nashiji 210mm gyuto
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:42 pm 

Jeff, that's awesome, and what a great looking knife (saw the pictures in your other thread)! Hopefully one of these days I'll have the chance to check one out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:29 pm 

Jeff, this was an original first choice when I began my knife research and it still lives in the excel knife sheet I created. Please revisit this site and let us know how you feel about it over time. Thanks for writing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:35 pm 

Nice review Jeff i'm glad you like your new toy , i know you speak very highly about 150mm petty , once i get some money will get one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:35 pm 

Thanks Jeff

Have been meaning to try one of these and your review moved me that much closer to doing it.

Thanks again for the "fresh look."

Flash

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]