It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:13 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: A few for sale --- SOLD!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:38 pm 
Forum Moderator

Got a few to sell for some extra cash for vacation in August, so hopefully this pays for the room. (fingers crossed)

First up is one of my favorite but least used knives: Tojiro Aogami Deba. http://www.chefknivestogo.com/tojirodeb ... 59edPldV8E
I long considered this to be the sharpest knife in my kitchen and have used it a little bit, but still in excellent condition, there's a lot of steel left. There are a few micro-chips on the edge due to me putting an unnecessarily sharp edge and breaking down big red fish, I will likely micro-bevel the knife before it ships to whoever wants it. It takes a wicked edge and it's a lot of blade. This is the most used knife of the bunch. These go for $229 on sale, I'd let go of this one for $125 shipping included.

Second is another favorite, The Richmond Damascus Santoku (prototype knife). http://www.chefknivestogo.com/rida.html
This was the video knife (you can check the gyuto pages for the video of it in action) and was barely ever used. The blade is in perfect condition with no scratches or patina, and the edge is in pristine condition. The handle is a half-wa (top is beveled, bottom is rounded, see pic) and very comfy. I've never seen another one like it. This knife is very thin behind the edge and very good, I really really hope this knife goes to a good home. The steel is ATS-314 (highest grade scissor steel on the market), it's a proprietary blend, but I can tell you it takes an edge like a very fine-grained carbon (52100, AEB-L) and gets refined very fast. Good toughness on the edge, it has never micro-chipped on me during chopping, very good toughness. There is no logo on the blade as it as a prototype. A 210 gyuto goes for 279.99 and this is a 7 inch blade, so I'd let go of it for 200 with shipping included.

The last knife is an out-of-production gyuto, the Richmond Remedy. Very similar profile to the famed Kikuichi TKC, this one is a great thin workhorse for anyone wanting a reliable blade. CPM-154 steel, very wear resistant and tough. Cocobolo handle. This was the second Remedy that I had in possession and barely ever used this one. The fact that I was getting so many video knives to test left me little time to get around to using her, so alas I should let her go. This knife is like new condition, clean bevel and scratch free finish. These were selling for $250 new, I'd be willing to let go of this one for $125 shipping included.

I can sharpen any blades upon request for free before they ship. Thanks for looking!

003.jpg
003.jpg [ 943.64 KiB | Viewed 861 times ]

004.jpg
004.jpg [ 962.08 KiB | Viewed 861 times ]

005.jpg
005.jpg [ 965.55 KiB | Viewed 861 times ]

008.jpg
008.jpg [ 1023.49 KiB | Viewed 861 times ]

009.jpg
009.jpg [ 865.43 KiB | Viewed 861 times ]

With great sharpness comes great responsibility.

Post subject: Re: A few for sale
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:41 pm 
Forum Moderator

I do realize some of these shots are a bit fuzzy. Please let me know if you want a few more shots, I'd be happy to take them!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:52 am 

Shaun you are nutz dude! Those are some crazy low prices!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:35 am 
Forum Moderator

Yes sir, I have more than enough knives and I figured it'd be nice to give someone else a chance with them. :)

FYI, I don't think I've seen the Tojiro Aogami deba back in stock for quite a while (years?). The Richmond Damascus is a one of a kind with the handle and no logo option, and the Remedy has been out of production for a while; Making all 3 knives pretty hard to come by.

The Richmond Damascus is by far my favorite of these knives, and one of my favorite knives period. Very thin behind the edge, very pretty, just feels like a dream when you are cutting.

I will not drop the prices on these, so for those of you who are waiting for a price drop, don't hold your breath. :) If they don't sell in a couple weeks I'm just going to take them down and sit on them for a while longer.

Weight and measurements upon request.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:11 pm 

The prices are quite low enough. They don't come this cheap. Good luck with the sale.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:08 pm 
Forum Moderator

Got a buyer interested in a couple. Here's some specs since they were requested and I'm online right now to post them.

Remedy is as follow:

1.905 mm thick
48.6664 tall at the heel
235 mm on edge
213 grams
balance point on front ridge of bolster itself.
Flat grind

Very close to a TKC, the TKC is a hair thinner behind edge (Remedy is fairly thin) and TKC has a little bit bigger handle. It has action on the board similar to a TKC with a slightly stiffer feel. The TKC feels a bit more "springy" and I can attribute that to that steel. If you've sharpened CPM-154 before then you know it's pretty wear resistant. It'll hold a good 2k edge all day long.

Damascus is as follows:

3 mm thick (it's that hand forged thick out of the tang though, it tapers down fast to around 2 + in the body)
50.8 tall at the heel
180 mm edge
160 grams
Convex, very thin behind the edge.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:01 am 

Pm'd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:32 am 
Forum Moderator

Remedy Sold pending funds. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:21 pm 
Forum Moderator

Tojiro Aogami Super zombie killer Deba is sold pending funds, still waiting on a reply from the Remedy guy so that one may still be up for grabs, I'm only giving him until tonight and then I will start accepting other offers again tomorrow on the Remedy.

I can't believe no one has hit the Damascus yet, I figured that one would be first to go! I don't have a problem hanging on to it, but I don't have a problem selling it either ;)

Come onnn Florida! I'm almost there, I can smell the sand and the dirty ass Gulf of Mexico, full of sharks, jellyfish, and oil spill! Paradise :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:29 pm 
Forum Moderator

Okay, just heard from Remedy guy, still sold pending funds.

Damascus is still up for grabs!

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next