It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:08 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: How about a Sujihiki as a first Japanese knife?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:40 pm 

:mrgreen: Thank you to everyone. Learned a lot by researching all of the suggestions and Steve, I'm following your advice about learning on the EP first. Great idea. [Was already my plan. Great minds think alike. :mrgreen: ]

After thinking it through the Sujihiki is probably not a good choice for my puposes. Agree it's going to have limited chopping usage. Also went out and played with a nakiri the other day ...... just can't see myself switching over to that style. Yamashin was an interesting idea too.... but at the end of the day I already have so many samall slicers and utility I never seem to pull out of the block.

Guess a gyuto it is. Going to sit back and learn a little more about sharpening for the time being. I think since my objective is going to be to learn how to sharpen a wickedly keen edge I'm going to focus on carbon or carbon clad but who knows. Still learning.......

Page 2 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2