It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:06 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Quick Look Round 10 knife videos
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:55 am 
Forum Moderator

Smart ass answer is when Mark sends me one :-). I'll ask him to include this one in the next group. This was going to be one of the first on my wish list for the next round.

Post subject: Re: Quick Look Round 10 knife videos
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:36 am 

Another great round of videos. Love the round-ups, too: nothing like seeing these knives in motion and then all together. Profile comparisons are great, too.

Am I crazy or does the camera actually adjust focus faster when you hold your hands a bit lower? I've been thinking about this a lot and trying to watch, and it does seem like the camera may adjust to your spine and choil shots faster when you hold the knife just a little bit lower (towards the table) to start these detail shots. I wonder if you've noticed the same effect.

I especially liked your comments about the Kanehiro and Tetsuhiro petties. If I were a betting man, I'd guess these two are going to be some of the next favorite petties on the site, and your videos are going to help get them there (as would a nice little forum sale on these high-priced ticket items...!). In particular, the tetsuhiro looks like a great step-up/variety companion for some newbie TKC owners (who often ask about such a pairing), as it appear to have a similar kind of performance, but with a Wa handle and a carbon core. Any thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2