It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:38 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 13 of 22 [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Show us your knives!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:58 pm 

I have two for using, a paring and a bread knife. It's all about the right tool for the job.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:22 pm 

@ Jeff B - Yeah, the Victorinox/Forschner can't really be beat for $25! I still use it when things are looking ugly with an ingredient or as a loaner when I have someone else with me in the kitchen.

@ Steve G - I have been really surprised by the Itto Ryu. The craftsmanship and finish on the blade is amazing. By the way, my knife doesn't look nearly as rustic as the video knife and photos on the website (no black finish, full mirror polished zero-grind edge... it actually looks more like the Anryu hammered knives). Sure the plastic ferrule on the handle isn't awesome, but side by side with the Kono the Itto Ryu outperforms in every category. It is a little heavy by comparison, but I find that on such a good blade the weight helps do all the work for me. With the Kono I have to add a little muscle to make sure the blade completes the cut on harder ingredients. Also, at $130 the Itto is a bargain.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:56 pm 

+1 on itto ryu

The finish is nice and smooth. Mine was sharp ootb. Gonna have to send it out to get rehandled.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:39 am 

+1 on finding a knife style that works well for you. I too would have pegged the Kono right out the gate, and for me probably still would for me, but comfort and results trump anything I would say.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:50 am 

here is my Tojiro 3 piece set. my first J knives.

pat

Last edited by studio398 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:53 am 

here is my Tojiro DP nakiri. nice on veggies.

pat

Last edited by studio398 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:55 am 

here is my Tojiro santoku. my personal favorite so far.

pat

Last edited by studio398 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:02 am 

here is my Yamashin funayuki. i also have 3 Henckels knives not shown, a paring, utility, and gyuto. thanks for looking.

pat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:24 am 

maybe someone can help me figure out how to post pics. i'm struggling with the displayed size. how can i have them look larger than they are in my posts. thanks

pat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:41 am 

I have the same problem posting pics. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Page 13 of 22 [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22  Next