It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:11 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gift for summer school students.
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:32 am 
Site Admin

I am a chef looking to buy a knife as a gift for my summer cooks. I can afford a total of $25 per person (incl. shipping). I will be purchasing 25 knives. I would like to get them a gyuto or santoku, between 165-200mm as there are some short girls and tall guys that will be in my kitchens. Most of these cooks are either straight out of high school or early college so the knife is as much symbolic as practical. Do you have any recommendations for knives or any price breaks for a non-profit orgs? Thanks for your time.

Ryan

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Gift for summer school students.
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:38 am 
Site Admin

Hi Ryan,

That's very nice of you but at $25 you're pricing yourself out of anything we sell certainly and I would be hard pressed to recommend anything descent off the top of my head.

How about a knife bag? That would hit your budget and they come in handy: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/ri8pcknro.html

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:40 am 
Site Admin

The other thought would be a good honing rod. This one is in your price target range: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/idahone.html

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:19 am 

When I got my first cooking job it was pretty much the same scenario. The kitchen had house knives, but they also printed out description pages for victorinox and forschner in the budget range for us. Pretty much advice that if you're serous you should get your own gear :) otherwise, I'm sure Sysco can hook you up with some crapshoot knives that are NSF certified

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]