First... are you aware the FKH Fujiwara is a carbon blade?
Second, the Tojiro DP petty is a solid choice for a "home cook" looking for a bang-for-the-buck $50 Japanese petty.
Third, I hate to say it, but at the $139 price point the Inazuma lists at... I reckon, its gonna be hard to beat for a "home cook" that wants a "flashy"
gyuto. I mean a 19c27 core laminated with a damascus
finished secondary edge & heavy hammered finish up to the spine from the shinogi in nickel/stainless awase on an octagonal rosewood... its flashy,
with some quality steel...
The Artifex that has been recommended to you:
- In 240mm you save $50, but you will need to pay for the "bling" with a handle. Still no damascus, for your "bling" though.
- It's much shorter. The Inazuma is 51mm tall, the artifex is 46mm... big difference in taste, if that shiite matters to you?
- The pictured Artifex w/handle already is a 210mm.
- It is AEB-L, which is a pro in its corner.
The Addict that has been recommended to you:
- It looks to have a longer belly, and is just overall a bigger knife. Only 1/2 cm taller, but from heel to tip - much more
steel. You might like that - you might not, but you have to think about it.
- It is CPM154, which is a pro in its corner.
GOOD LUCK MAKING YOUR DECISION DAVID!