It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:42 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: First J-nat
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:03 pm 
Forum Moderator

I am not trying to answer for eamon by no means but mine is usually followed by cbn on nano and a roo strop. Peace jmbullman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:16 pm 

What size compound? .25? .125? .050?

R

We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........

Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:32 pm 
Forum Moderator

My bad .125 sorry bout that

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:05 am 

Yeah, I strop with loaded leather. I'm testing diamond spray, but so far I miss Chromium Oxide for shaving.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:34 am 
Forum Moderator

Eamon did the chromium give you enough bite I have been reluctant to use my chromium and been useing cbn just because I can see a difference with the cbn over chromium. I love the chromium for my heavier duty knives I just havent tried it on my razors yet. What is your op sir if you don't mind me asking. I try to get everything smooth enough with stones I guess u can call me a dinosaur or a nostalgist but i do realize compounds have their place epically for time constraints when ur staring at 30 that have to go a d it can cut an hr off your time sometimes per knife. Peace bro jmbullman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:28 am 

Eamon,

So you use the ozuku asagi then Cr2O3?

In my short time with this I seem to also like Cr2O3 over the diamond, altho' I may follow it up with finer diamond or CBN.

I'm getting a headache............

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:53 am 
Forum Moderator

U can read to much into all this, when I tried it the first time I just used the stones cbn and nano, I have chromium but I just never used it for razors due to the fact Michael Vanholdt told me chromium wasn't as good on razors as cbn. It's like anything else you are going to have to try different things to figure out what works for your face not anyone else's, me personally i would mix it up and try it different each time or week to figure out what your face likes and yes this can give one hell of a headache their are as many op's as there are compounds. I wasn't trying to answer for eamon so forgive my for chiming in but in sharpening anything what works for one may not be the solution for all, you will have to experiment my brother to find your magic mix of stones and compounds. Please don't think I am an ass I went through the same thing and had a whopper of a migraine. Peace and go easy on the Advil. Jmbullman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:27 pm 

JB,

No worries here on chiming in, I thought that's what this forum was for........... :mrgreen:

I guess my question should have been: is the Cr3O2 a step backwards from the Ozuku Asagi?

I'll play with it amongst my 4 razors.

Thanks again.

Rich

PS Package mailing out this morning.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:52 pm 
Forum Moderator

The chromium is rated at 60,000 and the osuka is at the most 20,000 so it's a step forward my friend. Hope that helps. Jmbullman. Give it a try u might like it it works great ony knives especially cpm154 so you might actually love it. Peace bro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:19 pm 

Jmbullman wrote:The chromium is rated at 60,000 and the osuka is at the most 20,000 so it's a step forward my friend. Hope that helps. Jmbullman. Give it a try u might like it it works great ony knives especially cpm154 so you might actually love it. Peace bro

Of course, don't know what I'm thinking............. :oops:

Page 2 of 3 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next