It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:21 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 3 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Stone Set.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:47 pm 

pjwoolw wrote:Check this link. You may have missed it.

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/kenscorner.html

PJwoolw-

I did miss that link, Thanks!

Mowgs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:54 pm 
Forum Moderator

"It is hard to take what you say, for anything other than a commercial."

Mong, you don't know me personally, so you DO deserve more explanation regarding my recommendations. You will have a better idea where I'm coming from.

I am the representative for Nubatama stones exclusively. I am the supplier of these stones to Mark. So you do have the right to view my remarks with suspicion.

I also sell Shapton stones - pro AND Glassstones. And Chocera stones and some other Naniwa stones THAT I LIKE. There are other stones that I don't care for. I would not sell them even if it tripled my profit margins. I also use my stones - and compounds for sharpening my knives and customer's knives.

I am constantly improving my product offerings, adding so many new products that Mark can't even stock all of them or else my products would OVERWHELM the space on his web site.

I might remind you that I started using Shapton Pro stones years ago and was one of the first adopters of glassstones and was THE person who introduced the Glassstones to the Edgepro community MANY years before Mark was even in business.

When appropriate, I do recommend other stones when I feel they are the best alternative that I don't sell.

Look over my reviews of stones in the last couple of months. Then look over my reviews of stones going back over the last 5+ years. I was the FIRST person to get a supplier to bring in the 10k Chocera into the United States and the first to review this stone as a full sized stone. Take ANY review I did and see what I'm saying today about the same stone. I am THE most consistent reviewer on the NET regarding my objective reviews of stones. I take a great deal of pride in this fact and would not 'sell out' or pimp a product I did not think would do the best job for what a customer or poster would want. My views may not always match others' opinions of a product. We all have different ideals. I try to do the best I can. You will also see me NOT recommend a Nubatama stone for some applications. I don't want dissatisfied customers and giving bad recommendations is a sure way to get them.

Will you believe I am just a salesman and a shill for my products? Perhaps so. But IMHO, you do yourself a disservice to think this way.

---
Ken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:42 pm 

Kem,

Thank you for your response!

I can see now you have a link to your "Corner" in your signature, I also missed this. I also missed your "Welcome" Post in your personal sub-forum.

My apologies for being so ignorant in my previous post.

Mowgs

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:18 am 
Forum Moderator

Mowgs

Thank you for your response and giving me the opportunity to openly respond to your question. I'm sure others think similar thoughts but don't express it so I am glad to address this and any other concerns.

---
Ken

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:32 pm 

FWIW;

I prefer the Nuba'a in the lower grits - 150-5K. More aggressive but able to produce a nice matte finish.
Don't have any experience in comparing the >5K but the Shapton GS's give a good polish up there.

Douglas

Page 3 of 3 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3