It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 5 of 5 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Takeda Quality Issues?!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for your quick and thorough reply which put my concerns to rest!

I do have "one" last question. Do you generally then recommend the karouchi finish or do you think the benefits of stainless (particularly for someone wanting a more carefree knife) outweigh its more "sticky" tendencies.

Thanks again,
A

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

Kurouchi is the black stuff baked onto the knife. Both have a Kurouchi finish.

I don't think it matters that much. I have the "classic" version and I don't find it very reactive at all. The Kurouchi finish keeps most of the knife from reacting with acids or water and simply wiping it down after using and washing it is all that it requires. That said many people asked Takeda about stainless cladding so he decided to offer it. It's new for him and he just started making them less than a year ago.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:00 pm 

chefknivestogo wrote:Hi A,

Thanks so much for the questions.

Unfortunately I have a competitor who you mentioned who considers it a good business practice to make up lies about his competition (in this case Takeda but there are many more makers he does this to).

The best judge of Takeda's knives is you and the other customers who have purchased the knife and use it on a daily basis. Once you try the knife you'll understand. Takeda has been making knives longer than this competitor has been alive and started work under his father's instruction over 40 years ago. He supports a small blacksmith shop with 8 employees including his 2 daughters and his brother in law and a few trusted long time employees. My competitor is attempting to put my friend out of business with his attacks.

So, try the knife and let me know what you think. I can have any knife on the site and I own and use one and I think it's a great knife. If you don't agree I'll take it back no questions asked. I stand by his work 100%. Also, to answer your questions about the edge, its plenty thin and will perform really well. I do find the kurouchi finish is a little more consistent and smooth on his stainless knives so it does actually make food stick to the knife a little more. It's really no big deal and I don't consider the knife a "sticky" knife like some we sell, such as the Misono UX10 for example. Food sticks to every knife just some more than others.

Kind Regards,
Mark Richmond
Chefknivestogo

Where is the 'like' button? Well said! :)

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:15 pm 

Hello,
I just purchased a new 210 mm Takeda Sasanoha, and have now used for almost 2 weeks. I am extremely pleased with this knife.
Daniel

Page 5 of 5 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5