It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 3 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Back in action!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:10 am 

Taz,
I love the spine on that Nenox! I like how the spacers run along it. Really cool.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:47 am 
Forum Moderator

Thanks! Shop work is going to be slow this week. I started to work Day Shift after being on 3rd shift for over 10 years and I have to clean up the house; we have 19 coming over for Easter this Sunday, so I gotta clean up most of the house since it is all my stuff cluttering the place up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:55 pm 

Great work! I can't wait to see what you do with the Rhino. I have been kicking around the idea for a rehandle and my CCK 1303 might be a good candidate. That or my Goko damascus.

One question if you don't mind me asking.. How do you go about your blanks. Do you just buy what you like when you see it and then give the customer options you have? Or does the customer usually have an idea and you try to find something? I'm sure you have quite an inventory, just wondering where I would even begin if I wanted to get it done. As in, you may have things I don't even know exist haha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:00 pm 
Forum Moderator

Both! I have a pretty good inventory of woods stabilized and non stabilized and lots of non stabilized stuff for saya's on hand in some of the more popular species. If people see and want a particular piece online, I usually order it for them. I recommend a few suppliers websites that I know and trust for good wood so people can see what the different stuff looks like.

I gotta order some bigger ironwood, should be some nice looking stuff though! A knife like that needs a killer handle!

Just found out today that I am going to be working 5 hours on my 2 days off this week, and then have 2 10 hr days following that, so shop time is pretty much killed this week :( I have a saya and suji handle going out tomorrow and I am going to try to get a CCK1303 thinned out for a repair and get that shipped maybe Thurs, but not much shop time this week due to the special stuff going on at work. Oh well nice paycheck with 5 hrs of double times, 9 hours of time and a half, and then still having Sunday off, too!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:03 pm 

Awesome Tim, thanks.

I would like to look at some of those websites to get some ideas of what is available. You can PM me of course.

Good luck with your real job haha :)

Page 3 of 3 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3