It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:18 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Pepin Debone Chicken Galantine
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:52 am 

I've never done galantine before. Looks like a good excuse to break out a whole chicken! Plum citrus filling, I think. Anyone have advice to avoid bone fragments from the feet? He suggests trimming after the fact, but I avoid breaking bones when trimming whenever possible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:45 pm 

Lepus wrote:I've never done galantine before. Looks like a good excuse to break out a whole chicken! Plum citrus filling, I think. Anyone have advice to avoid bone fragments from the feet? He suggests trimming after the fact, but I avoid breaking bones when trimming whenever possible.

I've had the same trouble with chicken lolipops, small bone fragments. You need a really clean break. I try to use as little pressure as possible.

Gotta say Jacques Pépin is a chicken master.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:43 pm 

I remember watching an episode of Julia Child where she did something similar just not as 'precise'. This is much easier to follow.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:51 am 

This is the man who made me want to be a chef. Im not sure how many of us are pro cooks or not, but anyone who is can acknowledge what a true master of technique this man is. Without talking he probably could have done that in 2 minutes, and it was effortless. In terms of exposing american cooks to fine french food, no one has done more or is more deserving of gratitude. I miss watching his videos and reading his books. Seeing this made me feel happy to be a cook again for the time being. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:37 am 

I love watching Jacques Pepin. The one thing that I always notice is how fluent he is with his hands. Whether prepping or actually making something, great cooks have a kind of feel for what they are doing that always amazes me. I don't think it can really be learned from say YouTube, but it sure is cool to watch.

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2