It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:25 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: EZE Sharpener
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:24 am 

It looks like an expensive piece of garbage. I'd rather spend that kind of money on stones.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:37 am 

Used one for about two years with a double sided diamond stone for reprofiling mostly German kitchen & butcher knives in a commercial setting, and for that purpose it worked very well.
Afterwards we used a Tormek to put on the final bevel followed by the leather wheel to remove the burr.
We also sold quite a few to customers.
The EZE sharpener really is a high quality piece of equipment, but it's not something i would recommend for use with higher end Japanese kitchen knives.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:27 am 

Kwakster, thanks for your reply! Would you be kind enough to tell me why the EZE should not be used for high-end Japanese knives? :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kwakster wrote:Used one for about two years with a double sided diamond stone for reprofiling mostly German kitchen & butcher knives in a commercial setting, and for that purpose it worked very well.
Afterwards we used a Tormek to put on the final bevel followed by the leather wheel to remove the burr.
We also sold quite a few to customers.
The EZE sharpener really is a high quality piece of equipment, but it's not something i would recommend for use with higher end Japanese kitchen knives.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:30 am 

Hey Awesome, would you like to post photos of this machine and how you use it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome wrote:I just bought one of these, haven't had much time to use it but yet but on my first attempts I got pretty good results.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:15 am 

I would be happy to, as soon as I get home again.
I am working at the moment and will be back home in 2 weeks or so if the project follows schedule.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knifeman CAN wrote:Hey Awesome, would you like to post photos of this machine and how you use it?

Awesome wrote:I just bought one of these, haven't had much time to use it but yet but on my first attempts I got pretty good results.

Page 2 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2