It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:36 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: iPhone iTunes popping up
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:31 am 

emaduro wrote:This is driving me nuts. I read forum on my iPhone when I have a free minute at work.

In the last 5 min while reading this forum and posting this.. iTunes has popped open 4 times for some dating app. This only happens on this forum. I do not use any other forums, do not use dating sites, or download junk apps on my phone.

How can I stop this?

iPhone 5.

El

Buy a droid. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:28 am 
Forum Moderator

.....stop frequenting dating sites.....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:52 am 

All is still well for another day. Seems like that ad has cycled through for me at the very least.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:16 am 

It started again. This time on my iPad. Getting redirected to app store specifically to a game called candy crush. I have never played that game it only happens on this website/forum. I could not take it and had to leave the forum. Working fine again.

El

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:38 pm 

I get this on my iPad , cleaning website data and purging cookies and cache in the safari settings will help.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:23 pm 

emaduro wrote:Thanks for the responses.

It is unfortunate but I suspect I will have to live with it. I suspect it is completely out of Mark's control. His only solution would be to change the backend of the forum and pay big bucks to get an add free forum, which is unrealistic for me to expect. That is a total guess on my part.

The good news, only one redirect to app store today. I did not see the "dating" add. Saw a lot of Bridgestone tire adds and they did not redirect. Maybe next time I buy tires I get bridgestones.

El

I'm a bit confused by the part in bold. I'm reading this to imply that CTKG is paying someone to run this forum and the banner ads are part of that discounted price. Is that what is being implied here emaduro? I had operated under the assumption (possibly incorrect) that CKTG had the banner ads added as a way to generate revenue in theory to help offset costs of running the forum.

Considering this site is part of their revenue generation strategy, doing something to not turn away customers, even at additional cost, should be strongly considered. I too have to deal with the BS app store popping up and it drives me crazy. As others have said, it only happens here and this isn't the only bulletin board I frequent on my iphone.

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2