It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:46 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Additions to my stone collection
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

Hello.
I would like to find out your opinion on a couple stones. Currently I have the Beston 500, Bester 1200 and Arashiyama 6000 which I bought through CKTG. I want to get a stone to go between the 1200 and 6000. You have the Naniwa Super Stone 3000 no base and Imanishi 4000 that I am considering. Could you lead me in some direction? The prices are similar and in the price range I'm at. I'm wondering how much difference there is in the stones/grits and if I should be going lower grit for a little more sharpening or slightly higher grit for finishing. Being that they are relatively close in grit, what really is the difference and what would you recommend? Also the Shapton glass stones 2000 and 5000. Are they something I should be considering? A bit pricier, but curious none the less. I cook for a living and sharpen about once a month. I have been buying all of my knives and accessories exclusively from you for the past few years. Love your site, products, sharpening videos, product reviews, customer service and I recommend your site to anyone that asks me about my knives. I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers!
Richard

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Additions to my stone collection
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:05 pm 
Forum Moderator

My favorite stone in that range is the Suehiro Rika:

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/suri50grst.html

Great feed back, great finish, etc.

Not tried the Naniwa 3000 SS or the Imanishi though. The Shapton's I have and I prefer the Rika.

http://marrknives.com
http://facebook.com/marrknives

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:19 pm 
Forum Moderator

+1 on the Rika. A very pleasurable stone to use.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:36 pm 

Check out the green brick, its currently in my wish list.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]