It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:16 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Seems like a "Gotcha"
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:57 am 

TBH I never realized it worked like that, I guess I was paying attention and I don't mean that as backhanded towards anyone who didn't, but if that is the case, yeah you should definitely tweak the checkout to show whether the shipping is free or not before payment is finalized.

That said IMHO there's really no reason to get all snarky and be a dick, all the guy had to do was send you a civil and simple email explaining what happened instead of raging out with threats of returns and never ordering again lol.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:27 am 

I think Mark is being more than fair by refunding the postage. Buying anything online is a two-way street in my opinion, meaning the buyer is just as responsible to ensure a good experience. If it was $59.95 minimum for free shipping then that's what it would say. Ignorant & cheapskate buyers who try to get by with a minimum order just to get a freebie and then complain and cry foul when they screw up is aggravating. Unfortunately too many people have this entitlement attitude and basically want something for nothing.

Sorry for the rant. Maybe this guy wasn't like this but unfortunately I deal with people like this on occasion so it hits home a little.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:32 am 

The refund on the shipping was a generous gesture. Another example of the amazing customer service provided by your company, Mark.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:52 am 

I like it when the owner gets back and replies personally to any problems. Sounds like all should be good.

On a second note, shipping was only $5? Seems reasonable that way too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:01 am 

I just don't see why someone would get so pissed over $5. That's cheap these days for shipping and it would cost him more in gas to drive somewhere and buy a knife.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:54 am 

from a guy who pays a minimum of 25 $ shipping and more for every other item I would say the customer got a great deal here! if hes unhappy after the refund tell him to move up to cananda and ill teach em some manners eh ~ LOL...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:46 am 

cheffiec wrote:from a guy who pays a minimum of 25 $ shipping and more for every other item I would say the customer got a great deal here! if hes unhappy after the refund tell him to move up to cananda and ill teach em some manners eh ~ LOL...

Hmmmmm....I can't believe I've typed even 11 words for $4.95!!

Todd in Chicago

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:05 am 

"if hes unhappy after the refund tell him to move up to cananda and ill teach em some manners eh"

Funny on so many levels :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:23 am 

Frankly, if I didn't see a cost for shipping on that order, I'd have been skeptical. It doesn't say free shipping at $59.95. I understand the customer frustration and the refund (both valid), but it's not Mark's job to be an informed consumer. No one's trying to trick anyone. The information is *right there*.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:31 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfCEr9T4_zg

Like this...

Page 2 of 3 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next