It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:45 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Konosuke Honyaki
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:35 pm 

Hey, thanks for the kind words. I try to make it bearable to watch for you guys.

SteveG wrote:
Really nice job on the video. That Kono just looks sick sharp. Your knife skills give me inspiration to practice a lot more and become more fluid. You make it look easy ;-).

Thanks Steve. Pretty sharp it is and so smooth on the stones. Refreshed on a Gesshin 4k before any cutting.
Practice makes progress, as they say. Keep practicing with proper technique, and fluidity/speed should naturally follow. FYI, I never cut tomatoes like that, but the knife made me do it. :lol:

cedarhouse wrote:
Dear god do I hate that song

Is it because it’s been played too many times or you just never liked it? I guess that’s the risk with newer songs. Either way, I’ll make sure to choose an oldie, but goodie for the next one. Scrapping Gangnam Style, haha. How about this one?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:25 pm 

You can't please all the people all the time.

Just wasn't my turn this time ;)

Great video none the less. I just gotta enjoy this one muted :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:11 am 

hmm - that's funny - I almost always cut tomatos like that... lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:53 pm 

Great video as usual. You have a way of entertaining and informing at the same time. Good stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:03 pm 

This video was very nice! cant stand music that gets playd on the radio every 5 min thou.

how about this one for next? smooth and sexy :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:25 pm 

> magnus, good tunes!! sounds like a rick theory video :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:25 pm 

> magnus, good tunes!! sounds like a rick theory video :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:17 pm 

Cheffiec - Hehe he is great. but his style is mostly dubstep.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:30 am 

Yessir! Smooth and sexy it is. Excellent rendition. :D I will pair this with the Richmond AS Laser. I think it might be a little too sexy for Kohetsu Blue #2.
Thanks Mr. Magnus. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:36 pm 

Just saw this post for the first time today. Loved the video. I watch lots of these things (as I imagine others do), and I found this one to really convey a sense of pleasure (i.e., actual emotion!) while using the knife, which I think is really, really hard to do without any kind of verbal commentary. (Personally, this is why I like Shaun's videos so much: he's pretty emotionally transparent, and this makes it easier to get a sense of his physical reaction to the knife as a whole rather than just its performance.) I don't attribute this to the music in your case, although perhaps it had a little to do with it. I think it was the speed and simplicity of the demonstrations, and the sense of honest effortlessness in using the knife—something I imagine has as much to do with the knife as with your technique! In many ways, I think you select your ingredients based on the knife's feel in your hand and your experience with it, which probably helps a lot.

Sometimes I wish the speed chopper – is it "Aaron from Akron?" would experiment a little more. I love his approach to short, sweet, and vigorous demonstrations, but sometimes, every knife looks the same in his hands, as his cutting style just assimilates everything. Aaron, are you listening? I mean this as constructive criticism, and not as negative criticism! I wonder if you could do more idiosyncratic things than onions and tomatoes, to give us more of a sense of how your knives differ on different products. From how I understand it, you have a nice enough collection that duplicate videos of the same knives would still be appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2