It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:20 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: >> I must admit... <<
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:32 am 
Forum Moderator

...that I'm green with envy. Honestly, I'm just pissed. I mean happy for my friends, but pissed another half a year of life has slipped away working all day & night almost everyday.

One good buddy calls me up to ask me how much pumpkin I wanna buy as he just landed 200# of loin a few hours earlier

, and another buddy is rubbing it in that he just nabbed a 100# bluefin off the Outer Banks.

This working shiite is for the birds; I need to go fishing!

Post subject: Re: >> I must admit... <<
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:17 pm 

Nice fish, are they sport fisherman or is that for a living? Those guys could fetch a nice chunk of coin at market if the grade is there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:52 pm 

I decided that even though I'll probably just be shore fishing for panfish that I'm going to start fishing again this year

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:10 pm 

Nice photos...

Reminds me of the 6ft Sailfish that my step-bro and I landed in Puerto Escondido a few years back. Had a photo but can't seem to locate it just now.

I make sure to get at least a month or two off per year, to get R & R, (two weeks just doesn't cut it for me) and enjoy some of the things that I like doing. Life passes you by pretty fast, and I've seen it snatched away from a few people just getting ready to retire after working most their lives, saving up for it, etc. There's no time like the present! :)

As a matter of fact, I just finished two months of skiing here in Calgary, but it's back to work soon enough...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:26 pm 

I'm going to start fishing and hunting again this year - my job has been keeping me out of the field and off the water too long. After August I'll be a free lancer for hire.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:01 pm 
Forum Moderator

Nice! I want to get out fishing more this summer; I will be on Day Shift, so my schedule will be a bit more normal in a few weeks!!! Can't wait to get some tuna and shark this year!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:10 am 

I was under the impression that Bluefin Tuna are on a fairly precipitous decline and shouldn't be sport fished.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:26 am 

I hear you. Spring time can do that to you, all it takes is a couple of glances at some budding trees or a particularly warm ray of sun, and all you can think about is being outside, fishing. Earlier today one of the servers came in with a red face full of sun, and when I asked he told me about his day hiking and fishing on one of my favorite streams. It too must admit that my tired overworked ass is envious of his freedom.

But,
I will tell you this. If Melampus, you ever find yourself in New Mexico, that you can hit me up and I swear upon my knives, I will stop what I am doing and take you fishing to some trout streams. Deal?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:56 am 
Forum Moderator

...there are trout streams in Mexico....??

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I really thought it was tequila haven in da desert under a sombrero....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Man, just shows you....one learns something new everyday.

:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:54 am 

Don't be too pissed at least you've got work...lots poor souls are still looking for work and can't find it because they are "too qualified." Or perhaps they've lost all hope.

Today I was pissed because my boss has a nagging wife. She wanted all the food right away without a damn bit of concern for quality. Getting pissed is no way to be.

Maybe you should take a vacation regardless of practicality or responsibility...Just up and leave.

Page 1 of 3 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next