It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:19 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Putting Custom Handle on Richmond Artifex 210mm AE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:51 pm 

Hi Mark:

I am not sure where to put this - so I decided to start here.

My wife loves the clad knives we have but let slip that they are a "bit too much work" and that she would not mind a stainless steel knife. We both prefer the wa handles and I was looking around the CKTG site and found a second and a returned Artifex 210 mm gyuto, each with western handles.

Considering the sale price, I was wondering if it is possible to put a wa handle on one of these western handled knives? If so, I would contact one of the handle makers listed in the forums.

Cheers Lee

Post subject: Re: Putting Custom Handle on Richmond Artifex 210mm AE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:57 pm 
Forum Moderator

Lee, you could do that, but IMO you might be better served by putting that money towards a little nicer Wa knife.

The Sakai Takayuki AEB-L Damascus 210 Gyuto: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/satadagy210.html comes immediately to mind. They look great and are nice performers.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:07 pm 

Absolutely, having the artifex converted to a wa handle is possible. There are a few others in the artifex w/ custom handle price range that will have better performing blades, but none with handles nearly as nice as a custom.

If a nice handle is most important I like the artifex custom. If a higher performing blade is more important there are other knives I would consider.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:36 am 
Forum Moderator

Tim Johnson 240 Artifex Wa conversion: 4-more-almost-done-aka-crazy-lefty-strikes-again-t4001.html

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]