It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:55 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: 52100 sab artifex
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:59 pm 

Wow, that shipped fast. After playing around with my new knife I thought id post a few comments. First, I love the 250 size, great length, plenty of knuckle clearance and all without feeling bulky. It balances right on the pinch grip spot so it already feels like an extension of my hand. I can see instantly why people live this profile, rocking and pushing practically on its own while still keeping an enormous flat space for chopping. The thinner tip flew through onions without any resistance and with more use may reveal itself as my favorite feature. The steel doesnt seem too reactive, I tried forcing a banana patina and 20 minutes gave little reaction. I havent had a chance to sharpen it yet because it arrived very sharp ootb. Overall, I highly recommend this site and this knife, I read so many positive reviews I had to see on my own if its legit. Mark has a cult following for a reason. Thank you for the versatile knife and pleasant experience, im now equipped for finesse and brute force.

Post subject: Re: 52100 sab artifex
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much! I'm really happy you enjoy the knife and glad I took the risk in making it.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:23 pm 

Just sharpened the sab for the first time, kept a pretty good edge for the week only honing it on a ceramic rod and just put it to the stones. With half the amount of passes compared to the wustof formed a burr very quickly. With all due respect to how it came ootb it got sharper than ive seen any knife ive used. The more I use this knife, the more I love it, I cannot express how highly I recommend it to people especially at the price point, thanks again for making it. Out of curiosity, what risk do you speak of?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:55 pm 

jmcnelly85 wrote:Just sharpened the sab for the first time, kept a pretty good edge for the week only honing it on a ceramic rod and just put it to the stones. With half the amount of passes compared to the wustof formed a burr very quickly. With all due respect to how it came ootb it got sharper than ive seen any knife ive used. The more I use this knife, the more I love it, I cannot express how highly I recommend it to people especially at the price point, thanks again for making it. Out of curiosity, what risk do you speak of?

Most people who want to own a sabatier... will buy a sabatier. 52100 might also deter some buyer along with the 250mm, it's a large knife for some people (as Sab's naturally are)

Me personally I would jump on this, however I'm waiting to find a garage sale Sabatier that I can restore to it's former glory.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:12 am 

Lunatic wrote:
jmcnelly85 wrote:Just sharpened the sab for the first time, kept a pretty good edge for the week only honing it on a ceramic rod and just put it to the stones. With half the amount of passes compared to the wustof formed a burr very quickly. With all due respect to how it came ootb it got sharper than ive seen any knife ive used. The more I use this knife, the more I love it, I cannot express how highly I recommend it to people especially at the price point, thanks again for making it. Out of curiosity, what risk do you speak of?

Most people who want to own a sabatier... will buy a sabatier. 52100 might also deter some buyer along with the 250mm, it's a large knife for some people (as Sab's naturally are)

Me personally I would jump on this, however I'm waiting to find a garage sale Sabatier that I can restore to it's former glory.

Mmmm garage sale finds. Goodluck with that! I got a beat up one off ebay and have done a lot to it. Still prefer the Artifex in 52100 over it ;)

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]