It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:47 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: A few knives and an EP Apex 4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:27 am 

Hi all-

I messaged Mark and got the OK to post in here, but I think I am over the post count anyways.
I wanted to thin my inventory of some of my earlier knives that I don't get to use anymore.
I had the intention of someone picking them up who is a beginner sharpener, to practice on or maybe something like a project knife etc.

1) Togiharu Inox 210mm- My first knife. Used a lot in professional kitchen. Great as an introductory knife or to practice thinning/sharpening on. Bought from Korin in NYC. Would like to get $40

2) Misono 440 Stainless 210- Similar condition to the Togiharu. Like the steel better. Again, just needs some love. $50

3) Masamoto VG-10 7" Gyuto - Great little knife. Again used a lot in a professional kitchen. Good condition. great size for home use or a tight line. Would like to get $70

4) Ken Onion Shun Santoku Damascus- Less use than the others. Just never got into the look of it. VG-10 / Damascus. ~$85

I am also thinking of selling my edge pro Apex 4 I bought about a year ago with the Shapton Glass 500/1K/4K stone set.
Have bag, manual and quick change spring. I have not used it that much as I found it hard to switch over from freehand.
The 1K stone is worn down pretty low and although it still has some life in it, will prob need to be replaced soon. Would take offers on this.

Thanks for reading. Id be willing to sell any of the above as a package and knock a few $ off as I am just trying to get some money together to get a couple nice new freehand stones.

Post subject: Re: A few knives and an EP Apex 4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:51 am 

PM on the Masamoto 7"1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:23 am 

I would like to get second in line for the masamoto. If that doesn't work out I will probably picking up the misono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:17 pm 

Got the PM on masamoto... Ill get some pics to you as soon as I get off work.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]