It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:42 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Western 240 custom.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not sure if this is the right place to send this message but I had a couple questions. Do you still offer custom knife orders and if so what would my options be for knife makers? I need a 240mm slicer for the line at work. Preferences would be a western handled 240, carbon steel or a good tool steel, and maybe 40-43mm tall at the heel. It would be nice to have it around 63hrc and I don't care if it's clad or mono steel. I'd really prefer a western handle but if the perfect knife is out there with a wa handle I could live with it (I'm trying to keep the overall length short as possible). Also I don't necessarily need a super laser. I have a konosuke 300mm stainless suji and it sometimes feels too light. Having a hard time finding something like this so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for everything,
-Sean

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Western 240 custom.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Sean,

Why not a 210mm gyuto as a line knife? The tend to be shorter and easier to manage and can do almost anything you need. Just a thought. Anyway, this is an excellent western gyuto (haruyuki) with a very average handle and you could make a great knife out of this with a custom handle. There are several guys on this forum that can do this work. Look in their subforums. Adam Marr, Tim Johnson and Matt Delosso are the main guys.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]