It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:42 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Edge Pro Q
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

One more question.

Under the description for the “Edge Pro Custom Shapton Pro Set”, you can read: “You can adjust the sharpening angles, from 10 to 35 degrees with angle marks at 10, 15, 18, 21, and 24 degrees”.

I assume that the same sharpening angles adjustment goes for the “Edge Pro Essential Set” and “Edge Pro Custom Full Monty”

BR
Johan

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Edge Pro Q
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:47 pm 

Yes both are capable of the same angles.

The different sets have the same Edge Pro Apex sharper with different stones and accessories.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:32 pm 

Any of the sets with thicker non-stock stones will bias towards a lower angle. As a stone wears that angle will slowly increase.

The EP markings are merely a guide. If you're a stickler I recommend splurging on an Angle Cube. Using stones of varying thicknesses, either due to manufacturer or wear, and using the EP polishing tapes on thin glass blanks, will slightly move your angle around about 1 degree. The cube lets you adjust for these geometries.

Cheers,

Rick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:03 pm 
Forum Moderator

On the EP system, the Angle Cube and the drill stop collar are worth their weight in gold for repeatable accuracy with any stone thickness.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:50 pm 

SteveG wrote:On the EP system, the Angle Cube and the drill stop collar are worth their weight in gold for repeatable accuracy with any stone thickness.

BIG +1
Love that consistency.

Douglas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:01 pm 

The angle cube is hands down most important tool for sharpening with the E.P. I had the drill stop collar on, but not for long. It just got in the way for me, and I still used the cube to confirm angle..I would recommend it to try out, not a big investment.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]