It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:47 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 5 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Where do you work?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:52 pm 

Kosher parties are interesting, We had to leave the knives we used for prep in a sandbox when we were done with them, we put a big stripe of tape down the center of the kitchen and nothing, NOTHING was allowed to contaminate the kosher prep area. It was a challenge to work within the parameters but it was a good experience too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:25 pm 

I do Information Technology work (database administrator) for a manufacturing company in Arizona.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:10 am 

I work world wide, A few months in each place, one or two weeks at home and then on to next place. I am currently in Singapore.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:43 am 

I'm a jewelry designer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:21 am 

Some of you guys work at great places. I live in northwest Mexico. I propposed to my girlfriend last October in San Diego and ended up dining after at Market Restaurant. And went to Uchiko during the f1 weekend. Had a great time at both places.

Im a consultant for some restaurants in State. Some do good Business, but right now i hate consulting a chinese fusion restaurant. We get nice products at the local market. ill send some pics form what they´re selling tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:02 am 

I'm cooking at a big, old fashioned steakhouse. We do a lot of volume in the restaurant proper. I generally stick to events or specifically serve higher end smaller parties. The experience has been useful, at least.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:31 pm 

I don't have any actual line experience but I did a lot of bar tending and waiting tables while I was in college. Now I am in software and web design. I'd rather have food as a hobby in my life right now. I do have plans to one day open my own restaurant though.

I only see one problem after reading all the places yall work, which seem like some nice places.. Who are the cooks/members that live in the South!? I am obviously from New Orleans, and have only seen one other member from here..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:34 pm 

Just swapped out my part time job working nights at the club for a lunch/prep job at Sea Change, another chance to learn from a young ambitions chef.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:48 pm 

I work in a dirty run down kitchen with a hot tempered Sicilian.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:43 pm 

NolaDNA: No Chop and I are both in Raleigh. I know I saw a few guys back there from Austin (Uchiko, awesome!) if you count Texas. Melampus covers South Florida. And Nmiller is in West Virginia, which you might count. You're not totally alone.

If you mean the Deep South, uh... I guess you're out of luck.

Page 5 of 6 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next