It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Missed it by THAT much!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:53 am 
Site Admin

I hope you enjoy it. It's going to be a constant struggle to keep these in stock. They're about the same size as Takeda's shop and they have a lot of retail customers in Japan as well is around the world.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:59 am 

Yeah I didn't hesitate to buy it
someone was like it's in stock... and well bought it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:14 pm 

Re-aaaargh! It happened again!

While I was filling in the order information for the Fujiwara Nashiji 150 mm petty and a few other smaller items, the very last one got snapped up. It was showing in stock when I started filling in my shipping info, but after I submitted the order Susan told me there were none left. I'm once again deeply bummed.

So, two questions to Mark -- will there likely be more in stock in six weeks or so? Will they still be $142 when they are back in stock?

On the bright side, I was able to snag a Takamura Migaki 210 mm in R2 steel after all. It is en route as I type this. It'll have to be quite the knife to outdo the Richmond AS 210 Laser and the Goko 240 Damascus, though. The Goko right out of the box had no difficulty doing this -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTHD2J2za6Y (go to 00:45). To my surprise, the AS Laser couldn't. I'm sure once my stones get here and I do a touchup it will be able to do it, though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:23 pm 

Mark H. wrote:On the bright side, I was able to snag a Takamura Migaki 210 mm in R2 steel after all. It is en route as I type this. It'll have to be quite the knife to outdo the Richmond AS 210 Laser and the Goko 240 Damascus, though.

:popcorn:

Page 2 of 2 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2