It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:47 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Konosuke HD 240mm Wa-Gyuto Review
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Konosuke HD 240mm Wa-Gyuto Review
http://www.chefknivestogo.com/kohdwa24.html
Rating:4
Name:Rado
Location (City, State):Minnesota
Review:The Koon HD 240mm is a fantastic knife! I have been using it solely for over a month and so far its performance has been outstanding. It is very thin (although I was expecting thinner for some reason), very light, and nimble. Its edge retention is great and it is very easy to sharpen. It also feels really nice on the waterstones. The reason I am giving it a 4 star is because I think this knife is slightly on the light side for my style of cutting but that is rather very subjective. The handle feels great – I feel that it has more grip when wet compared to the treated ones. It is rather light for my liking. The knife is also blade heavy so maybe opting out for aftermarket handle could balance the knife perfectly and add some needed weight. For the ones that wonder the knife does come little on the short side ~ 235mm. I have been using 240s and the difference in length is not noticable. Bottom line is that this knife is an outstanding performer and great value for the money. Mark, as usual, is top notch.

Chefknivestogo Blog

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]