It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:44 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 10 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Goko Hammered Damascus 240mm Gyuto
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:22 pm 

bigwoolymammoth wrote:mine JUST came in the mail! super light and thin but not chincy feeling light. I go to work in 30 mins and cant wait to try it out. this is my first Japanese knife.
I cant see any bevel on the knife but it feels sharp. ill most a further review later tonight or tomorrow. taking my shapton pro 5000 to work with me.

The small bevel they put on from factory makes it hard to touch up after a long weeks work. I ground a larger bevel using my latte 400 into it and then wen through my progression. Knife cuts very well and can take a beating.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:35 am 

yeah I cut a few items with it and wasnt satisfied. I put it on the stone, minimal strokes, then butterflied and trimmed 40# chicken breasts like nothing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:01 am 

bigwoolymammoth wrote:yeah I cut a few items with it and wasnt satisfied. I put it on the stone, minimal strokes, then butterflied and trimmed 40# chicken breasts like nothing

40# chicken breasts damn those are large. Sure you don't mean 40#'s of chicken? :P :lol:

Yeah it's sharp out of the box, but for us knife nuts it just really isn't :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:14 am 

Lunatic wrote:
bigwoolymammoth wrote:yeah I cut a few items with it and wasnt satisfied. I put it on the stone, minimal strokes, then butterflied and trimmed 40# chicken breasts like nothing

40# chicken breasts damn those are large. Sure you don't mean 40#'s of chicken? :P :lol:

Yeah it's sharp out of the box, but for us knife nuts it just really isn't :lol:

since we appear to be picky tonight, 40#'s most likely isn't what you meant either. As in 's implies singular possessive. Now if you actually meant the chicken belonged to 40#, then yes, you did use the apostrophe correctly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:32 am 

I reccon yalls needs to go get you some ejumacation and come back when yalls gets smarter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:07 am 

snipes wrote:
Lunatic wrote:

since we appear to be picky tonight, 40#'s most likely isn't what you meant either. As in 's implies singular possessive. Now if you actually meant the chicken belonged to 40#, then yes, you did use the apostrophe correctly.

this is why I just use lbs. # should just remain hashtag....... xD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:46 pm 

I get all my chicken breasts from 40#. He has the best stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:28 am 

Its sold out again!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:32 am 

Yes, but the non-hammered is still in stock in the 240mm length. I'm a little surprised they lasted 24 hours.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:19 am 

I have one enroute but will be a couple of weeks before its in my hands. Can someone comment on the hammered finish? From the photo it looks like the hammered finish is not very clearly dimpled like some other gyutos with the hammered finish where those had evenly spaced and sized dimples over the knife. The Goko Looks quite random and messy really or does the knife look better live than from photo?

Page 2 of 10 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next