It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:55 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: F/S Bloodroot Blade, Davis, Shig's
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:07 pm 

For sale
First is a Bloodroot blade 230mm gyuto with maple burl handle with dyed maple burl spacer,
amazing knife, don't want to see this go but need funds for some other projects, and I am on there list so just got to wait for that to come up. The knife is a laser but with no flex at all, holds it's edge really well. I believe it was made from a reclaimed file but I will have to ask Luke and David what it was again. never sharpened and only touched a boro rod. I payed $450+ shipping so I am looking for $425 and Lets do $10 for shipping in north America. International pays shipping costs

Next
Shigefusa Kitaji nakiri 180mm

my favourite nakiri I have used but now I don't really use nakiri's anymore. A little bit of pitting near the top of the blade on the backside, very shallow. sharpened a few times, had some micro chiping after first use but they came out in a couple passes. I payed almost $600 new looking for $475 + $10 for shipping in north America, international pays shipping.

Shigefusa Kasumi 210mm yanagiba
Great little slicer, works really well on the line. I got it from Herald Anderson and he did the custom hand and saya for it. Handle is made from Curly Koa and buffalo horn and the saya is matching with Curly Koa. Really tight and good looking grain on the Koa. There are clouds in the Blade also just not showing up in pictures. I got it sharpened from Ivan at tosho knife arts last and he made the clouds come out. I payed $500 looking for $475 + $10 for shipping in north America.

Mike Davis Santoku

I believe this was his first kuroichi knife (I may be wrong) great cutter and looks amazing just doesn't see much use with me. never sharpened only touched up once on a 6k stone.
the handle is blackwood and chocobolo. I payed $310 looking for $280+ $10 for shipping in north America, International pays shipping.

As soon as I am done work tonight I will upload pictures (I don't have to much time right now)

Post subject: Re: F/S Bloodroot Blade, Davis, Shig's
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:14 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:45 pm 

Price drop
Bloodroot blade -$410
shige, yanagiba- $460
shige, nakiri- $450
Davis santoku-$250

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:08 pm 

had some second thoughts, bloodroot gyuto and shigefusa yanagiba are staying with me.

Nakiri- $425
Davis santoku- $230

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]