It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:34 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Goko sujihiki in the future?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:21 am 

Hello Mark! I'm the proud owner of Goko's 240mm gyuto thanks to your recommendation, and I've been looking towards a future investment of a suji or yanagiba. I absolutely love the Goko knife so I was wondering if they're only forging gyutos and the other wares on your site's page for the moment. Will we be seeing any sujihikis or yanagibas in the foreseeable future?

Thanks for everything Mark!

Post subject: Re: Goko sujihiki in the future?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:45 pm 

I have little doubt that Goko makes those sorts of knives, but even if CKTG were to try to get some, lead time is likely to be long and the ETA uncertain.

I have and love the Goko as well but there are a number of manufactures that use similar steel, have great aesthetic character, and perform amazingly. You might post a recommendation request in the knife recommendation forum: knife-recommendations-q-a-f4.html. I am sure there are some great, complementary options to the Goko. Unfortunately, I do not have a suji, so will refrain from proffering recommendations, but good luck with the search.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:47 am 

[quote="cedarhouse"]Unfortunately, I do not have a suji, so will refrain from proffering recommendations...[quote]

No, Suji? Did you end going with Mel's curve ball suggestion?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:32 am 

Haha

I am going to pounce on the new AS Laser Suji when it gets here (richmond-as-laser-sujis-are-on-deck-t5125.html). They if I like working with the length, I am going to get the Ultimatum HD. So nothing yet. But soon...about two weeks ;)

Thanks for asking.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]