It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:27 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Takamura 210mm Review
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:09 am 

Nmiller21k wrote:I can't :(
I just paid first, last month and deposit at my apartment at The Greenbrier I'm TAPPED....

Sorry I have to do this but I took the time to rebevel this knife. It didn't need it but I wanted to do it so touch ups are easier.

Dear lord this thing takes a keen edge. Dare I say better than my kohetsu. I just love this knife.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:28 pm 

Lunatic wrote:
Dear lord this thing takes a keen edge. Dare I say better than my kohetsu. I just love this knife.

Hmm, was thinking of getting a Kohetsu to see how sharp carbons can get, never tried one. Now I'm thinking the carbon is gonna have to wait.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:24 pm 

rayong wrote:
Lunatic wrote:

Hmm, was thinking of getting a Kohetsu to see how sharp carbons can get, never tried one. Now I'm thinking the carbon is gonna have to wait.

It depends, I love my kohetsu for home cooking and smaller tasks as the edge is great and I like the weight and profile of the blade.

However in a professional kitchen SS is nice when blowing through a 50lb bag of onions. Also a stabilized pakka wood handle is much more sanitary than your traditional Wa handles.

At home I use my kohetsu, at work I use both but more often reach for the takamura.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:00 pm 

Mine will be here tomorrow

I feel kind of giddy...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:39 am 

Nmiller21k wrote:Mine will be here tomorrow

I feel kind of giddy...

The OOTB may impress you, but seriously take this to the stones up to your highest refinement. Just thinking about it makes me want to break out the stones right now and touch mine up.

Edge is still going strong after stropping. Even after several hundred pounds of produce and meats sliced, diced chopped and minced.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:52 am 

I purchased the Takamura Santoku and it arrived about a week ago. Today was the first shift I had time to give it a go. Granted I'm not terribly good at sharpening yet, but the edge out of the box is the absolute sharpest I've ever encountered. Really enjoyed using the knife - the handle was quite comfortable for my admittedly small hands - and it's a stunner to look at (the rosewood is gorgeous and the fit and finish are top notch). Very happy with my purchase - and many thanks for the sale pricing!

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2