It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:33 am

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Petty knife 9 cm
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:44 am 

Hi,

I'm looking for a petty knife, stainless and about 9 cm. I'd like a Japanese knife, but this type of knife does not seem very common in Japan. Can anyone tell me what my options are? Or do I have to go to German knives, Zwilling or Wusthoff?

Thanks

Mark

Post subject: Re: Petty knife 9 cm
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:05 pm 

If a western handle is ok, http://www.chefknivestogo.com/todppakn90.html or the dojo http://www.chefknivestogo.com/dopakn80.html. If wa handle is what your after, there are a few choices here on this site that are close as well. Shun or the takeda. Asai makes some nice looking ones, but they are not available here. I don't have any experience with these, but I'm going to order one, since I can't get exactly what I want here. I'm sure the shuns are good but I don't want one. I don't want to post a link to another site, but you can find quite a few options for a wa handled one if you search for the asai.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

How much did you want to spend?

Did you find this section? http://www.chefknivestogo.com/petty-knives.html

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:40 pm 
Forum Moderator

Mark, I just reviewed the Shin Classic 3.5" paring knife. Adam Marr loves this knife and I agree. It's really nice. If you want a flat edge profile the Tojiro DP 90mm that Red referenced is very nice as well. These are two very different paring examples. I think the Shun is worth the $$ if it's an important tool for you ITK.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]