It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Takeda knives thick?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Greetings,

I was wondering if you have any pictures of the Takeda 240 Gyuto's you have for sale? From what I've been reading, the newer Takeda's have had problem with a super thick grind in the area above the cutting edge. For my peace of mind, I'd love to see the grind on the knife before I purchase it.

Thank you very much.

Nicholas

Chefknivestogo Blog

Post subject: Re: Takeda knives thick?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Nicholas,

Can you show me a link where anyone has purchased a knife and complained about the edge being too thick? I will show Shosui Takeda the link. It would be really helpful if you showed me a link with a choil shot that demonstrates this. If you are getting your information from someone that did not purchase the knife it's most likely bullshit and just a competitor making trouble. Take a look at the customer reviews on our website from actual customers of mine that actually bought one of his knives for some real feedback from people that paid for their knives.

Anyway, I look at each knife before we ship and I don't see them being thick at all behind the edge. However for your own piece of mind we have a service where I'll take photos and inspect the knife before you purchase it. You can buy this service here and add it to your knife order and I will send you shots of 3 knives and provide specs: http://www.chefknivestogo.com/kncose.html

Kind Regards,
Mark Richmond
Chefknivestogo

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:05 pm 

Mark, I saw a complaint too. On the 'other' (pronounced 'hate filled') forum. It was a 240 sasanoha I believe. I'll see if I can find it

Chris

found the 'after' post...it was sent to Shosui to fix

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showt ... ght=takeda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Chis. I'll send this thread to Shosui and have him respond.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:36 pm 

This is picture of my Takeda medium gyuto which purchased from chefknivestogo and was given to me as christmas present 2 years ago, the picture were taken when knife was brand new.

I also uploaded a close up shot
It is thick above the edge and its a wedging monster. The knife is not pleasant to use... I would like to use it more and love it more, but it is just to thick... :/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:42 pm 
Site Admin

I'm shocked that you didn't contact me for 2 years about this. As little as I like problems they do occur and I need to know about issues if you are unhappy with the knife or else I can't help solve it.

Mail it to me and I will be happy to to thin it for you. No charge. Or you can send it direct to Shosui and he will thin it and resharpen the knife personally.

Also, please contact me with your order info, name, address, phone etc. I tried looking for your email in our system but couldn't find it. If you don't like the knife after it's resharpened I'll offer you store credit so you can get something else but I need to know the original order info to extend this offer.

Chefknivestogo Blog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:24 pm 

Mark,

You are a stand up guy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:58 pm 

ya even on vacation, he's still solving problems!!

I haven't handled any takedas but I did recently watch a vid on youtube of the same problem, it was a 270 gyuto\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TArAGYgv ... 4-overview

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:28 pm 

Damn, try to find any other retailer that will try to fix a problem TWO YEARS after purchase. That is simply amazing. Yet, another reason we are all here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:50 pm 

Hi Mark,
As I said the knife was a gift from my girlfriend, I think she asked her aunt to bring the knife to Europe after a holiday as the shipping to Europe cost like 40 dollars.
I will try to ask her what email was used or order number. And I didn't complain as at that time I didn't what a knife should be like and it has sentimental value. It would be amazing if you or takeda could fix it and make cut like it should do :)

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next