I got the bug to do a pass around last week and after a brief private discussion I have received approval to go ahead with it. Thus, I will hold the sign-up this coming Sunday. I believe this is the first public pass around on CKTG's forum so I wanted to post some details about how the process will work ahead of time for those that haven't been part of a pass around before. I'm going to keep the exact knife a secret until the sign-up, but it will be a 240mm gyuto that I believe most have not handled. Thread title will be "_______(knife name) pass around".
I have set forth a few rules below to keep things moving efficiently and include as many members as possible while still mitigating risk of being scammed. I'm firm on these rules this time. We'll see how things go... I may own a "few"
knives so if all goes well we can make a few adjustments if necessary for the next go round.RULES:
1. Active knife enthusiast only - member for min 3 months, 25 total posts and 3 posts in the last 30 days (only posts prior to this post will be counted)
2. Continental U.S. Only - sorry, but international shipping sucks
3. max 10 participants
4. Each participant will have one week with the knife
5. Each participant will be responsible for packaging and shipping with insurance to the next person - usually $10-$20
6. Post publicly or PM me upon receiving shipment or prior to shipping
7. Sharpen/steel/strop as needed, but please follow original bevel (NO profile and/or geometry changes)
8. Make your best effort to pass along the knife and knife box in as good of condition as possible
9. I will organize participant order for the most efficient shipping(least miles between)
10. Have fun!TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Meet and agree to all rules posted above
2. Post publicly in the sign-up thread this Sunday
3. PM me with shipping information after you post publicly
4. First 10 that meet all of the above are in
The tiny print makes it seem more official doesn't it? This is my own knife that I purchased for my private use. I am doing this pass around at my own risk. CKTG is not is not sponsoring, endorsing or in any way affiliated with this pass around. As such I reserve the right change any/all of the above listed rules/requirements at any time without prior notice.