It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:41 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 4 of 6 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 500 Club
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:41 am 
Forum Moderator

Lunatic wrote:"Anyone get the feeling Melampus is going to hate this xD Just a bunch of people posting mindlessly." :lol:

Did you ever hit that nail clean on the FREAKING head! I despise post whores... :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:55 pm 

IF I were in range to be part of this club, I'd be totally happy to test-drive knives and then send them off to the next member.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:21 pm 

Melampus wrote:
Lunatic wrote:"Anyone get the feeling Melampus is going to hate this xD Just a bunch of people posting mindlessly." :lol:

Did you ever hit that nail clean on the FREAKING head! I despise post whores... :evil:

There's always your type of personality on a forum. Always

You do a much better job though ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:10 pm 

The trial knives sound like a nice idea. It would give some of us that talk a lot more knowledge on what we are talking about. ;)

Maybe a knife selected by Mark to try out and do a write up on with an option to buy at a discount? Even if I had to send it back with no option to buy I know I would love a chance to try out more knives!

Free 2 day shipping would also be an awesome thing, especially considering how "fast" normal USPS shipping in my area is. I can order something from CKTG that is shipped on Monday and doesn't get to me until Friday or Saturday.

Steeper discounts on items (or free items! lol) would be nice as well... I want more knives and stones! lol But then again who on this site doesn't, other than Mel who seems to own most of the knives sold here anyway? ;)

The honest truth is that with everything Mark is doing for ALL of us, including free giveaways (BTW, did anyone win the Jan giveaway? I have a feeling that if they did it was buried. lol), forum only sales, VERY reasonable pricing on a site of this size, the normal sale stuff, the customer service, customer interaction, and the list goes on, I don't really feel that anything else is needed. I'd be happy regardless. Don't get me wrong though, anything over an above what is already being done will definitely be GREATLY appreciated, I just have a hard time thinking about anything else that isn't already being done.

So yeah, I think my favorite option is the opportunity to try out different knives so that I will know more about the subjects I chime in on. Just lay out some ground rules, get my bank/credit card info as security (if needed), and let me play with the knife/knives to see what I like or don't like about them. I'm not a pro, but I am an average home user that uses his knives everyday for meal preparation.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:20 pm 

DefMunky wrote:The trial knives sound like a nice idea. It would give some of us that talk a lot more knowledge on what we are talking about. ;)

Maybe a knife selected by Mark to try out and do a write up on with an option to buy at a discount? Even if I had to send it back with no option to buy I know I would love a chance to try out more knives!

Free 2 day shipping would also be an awesome thing, especially considering how "fast" normal USPS shipping in my area is. I can order something from CKTG that is shipped on Monday and doesn't get to me until Friday or Saturday.

Steeper discounts on items (or free items! lol) would be nice as well... I want more knives and stones! lol But then again who on this site doesn't, other than Mel who seems to own most of the knives sold here anyway? ;)

The honest truth is that with everything Mark is doing for ALL of us, including free giveaways (BTW, did anyone win the Jan giveaway? I have a feeling that if they did it was buried. lol), forum only sales, VERY reasonable pricing on a site of this size, the normal sale stuff, the customer service, customer interaction, and the list goes on, I don't really feel that anything else is needed. I'd be happy regardless. Don't get me wrong though, anything over an above what is already being done will definitely be GREATLY appreciated, I just have a hard time thinking about anything else that isn't already being done.

So yeah, I think my favorite option is the opportunity to try out different knives so that I will know more about the subjects I chime in on. Just lay out some ground rules, get my bank/credit card info as security (if needed), and let me play with the knife/knives to see what I like or don't like about them. I'm not a pro, but I am an average home user that uses his knives everyday for meal preparation.

First off, 4-5 days shipping to get a knife. POOR YOU! I absolutely hate international shipping.

I think the knife pass along idea is a good one. I've had the pleasure of doing it within another industry for a prototype item and it went very well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:59 pm 

Lunatic wrote:First off, 4-5 days shipping to get a knife. POOR YOU! I absolutely hate international shipping.

I live in the States... our local post is just that "efficient"... lol ;)

I can't blame Mark or Sue at ALL though because everything is shipped out VERY quickly, like same day or next business day for a late night/weekend order... I just get it a day or two after USPS tracking says it will get here, EVERY time. lol But hey, I get it shipped for free anyway (all my orders are over $60) so I can't complain. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:11 pm 

DefMunky wrote:
Lunatic wrote:First off, 4-5 days shipping to get a knife. POOR YOU! I absolutely hate international shipping.

I live in the States... our local post is just that "efficient"... lol ;)

I can't blame Mark or Sue at ALL though because everything is shipped out VERY quickly, like same day or next business day for a late night/weekend order... I just get it a day or two after USPS tracking says it will get here, EVERY time. lol But hey, I get it shipped for free anyway (all my orders are over $60) so I can't complain. :)

Shipping knives isn't all that bad but shipping stones.... shipping stones sucks. Green brick weighs a lot..... xD

But one thing I really do appreciate is CKTG takes the time to calculate the shipping manually versus flat rate. It saves me a ton of cash which is why I keep coming back!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:22 pm 

Shipping isn't an issue for me. There have been times I have ordered something and received it the very next day. All my orders have been over 60 free shipping. I have never had to wait more than 3 days.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:17 pm 

Part of it for me is that I live in a suburb outside of the Shreveport/Bossier City area of Louisiana. So the item actually arrives at the main Post Office in Shreveport on the day tracking says, it just doesn't get to me until a day or two after. lol

Fed Ex/DHL and UPS don't seem to have the same issue as more often than not it gets here on the estimated day (even a day before occasionally) but the USPS is always a day or two after.

But, to get the topic back on track, reduced two day shipping is definitely an option if Mark wants to do something for the "500" club. I'd still prefer to get my grubby hands on some new toys to play with though. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:55 pm 

MadRookie wrote:....Another thought is to additionally reward at various levels i.e. 1 000 posts, 2 000 posts, 3 000 posts etc. with an once off small token gesture gift to the individual....:)

Best idea I've heard yet, one and done, simple and clean, but.....my idea is still the best!

Page 4 of 6 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next