It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:56 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 53 of 55 [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: Free Giveaway: Takayuki Hammered Santoku
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:41 am 

Favorite was breaded and fried turkey cutlets with craft Mac'n'cheese...wouldn't touch either these days.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:02 pm 

My parents never liked to cook so my favorite was hot ham and cheese sandwich with tomato soup.

My least favorite was any pork chop. My mother worked for the FDA so it was always cooked dryer than the sahara.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:23 pm 

My favourite was shredded steamed fish with soy sauce mixed with steamed rice. Still love it and make it myself!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 am 

I used to love how my grandma makes chicken adobo and give a different kick than traditional by adding ginger and some really funny-named herb.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:34 am 

When I was a kid my least favorite meal was anything involving vegetables. I disliked them so much that when at the dinner table during supper I would create a wall around my plate with juice cartons, milk jugs, serving bowls, and stealthily slip the veggies into my opaque drinking cup. I would carefully drink about half the liquid out of the cup so that the displacement wouldn't cause any spillage and would at the same time cover the undesirable food.

We always cleaned our own plates so getting away with it was, for the most part, easy. Occasionally my mother would catch me though. I would pour the contents of the cup into the sink as fast as possible and attempt to shove the vegetables down the disposal only to turn around and see her hovering above me.

Today I have rediscovered vegetables and eat them with most meals.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:28 am 

Favorite: Korean black soy bean paste noodles (Jajangmyeon)
Least: My dad's WAY over cooked ramen noodles but, the kimchi made up for it. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:07 pm 

Did anyone ever win this contest?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:05 pm 

Favorite-Shepard's Pie
Least Favorite-Liverwurst

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:30 pm 

I love seafood, but once my mom made muscles and I got sick afterward. To this day even the smell of muscled cooking makes me sick...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:20 pm 

favorite: corned beef and cabbage, my mom would make it twice a year, on st. paddy's day and my birthday
least: green beans. hated 'em. one of my earliest memories is my mom kneeling on my shoulders shoving green beans in my mouth cause i was being such a snot about not eating them.

Page 53 of 55 [ 547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next