It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: CKTG Custom Tiger Maple Handles
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:34 am 
Forum Moderator

I just finished some Quick Look videos and one was on the Shigefusa Nakiri 165 Custom Maple Handled knife. You should check out the video to see this handle: http://youtu.be/PcZ-riK5sJo. They have a really cool 3 dimensional type figured pattern that changes as the light hits at different angles. These handles are awesome to look at in person! The video show the effect pretty well. The Shigefusa Nakiri is a very nice knife BTW.

I just thought some of you might want to get a better look at these handles Mark is installing of some of his knives. Like, they're totally Bitchin' 8-).

Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: CKTG Custom Tiger Maple Handles
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:36 am 

wow, those handles are stunning! thanks for all the great videos Steve! Keep up the great work

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:03 am 

Steve I really like the way you caught the stripes changing in the light. Awesome video.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:52 am 

I was pulling the trigger on buying that knife on Wednesday when after work it was sold. :( I had been eyeing it for over a month. I am waiting for another to come in or get this one as a demo special or did you buy this one Steve. Second Shigefusa nakiri to slip out of my hands ...so sad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:59 am 

steve when are more of the tiger maple lasers going to be ready?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:43 pm 
Forum Moderator

Thanks for the kind comments :-).

Boostfed - I'm convinced more and more, that if you see something you really like on CKTG and you have the funds, you better pull the trigger NOW. Especially on some of the nicer knives or one-off custom handled versions. I'm still on the fence on keeping the Shigefusa. I don't need a Nakiri or another knife for that matter ;-), but darn this thing is nice. I haven't used it at all, so it will not be sold as a video knife - that's only for knives that see some use. Sign up for the email notification on this one and swoop in and order it!

Charcuterie - that's a question for Mark Richmond. I'm not privy to that information.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:31 pm 

I am signed up for an email notification and won't let it slip away when it comes available! I have a Shun Nakiri that I love but a co worker wants to buy it so I want to replace it with this one. I love using the nakiri at work and want a Shigefusa. Would love a Shig 240mm gyuto but the jump from 210 to 240 gets expensive.. I am gonna wait out cor the Shig Nakiri , I can get it elsewhere but the CKTG custom handled ones are definitely nicer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:15 pm 

I misread this I thought you make them for Mark SORRY....I posted multiple time on the Richmond AS thread with no reply?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:17 pm 

I'm glad to see Mark putting some upgraded handles on some knives.
Steve your doing a great job on these videos.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:25 pm 
Forum Moderator

I really like the Bubinga/Wenge semi custom handles from Isaiah as well. I think they epitomize understated elegance. Super F&F on these also. I appreciate your comments - thanks!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]