It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:53 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to chefknivestogo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 3 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Unhappy Customer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:37 am 

MowgFace - I have a large custom order from Yoshikane that I ordered in September. September of 2012! They first told me 6 months, and I still have absolutely no idea when they'll get here. Plus, I paid my buyer in full, nearly 10k. Lesson is that Japanese knife makers are in high demand and there is nowhere else you will get anything like it. It's the same in the construction business, expect to be at least 20% over budget and take twice as long to do it. And Taz is right, there is absolutely nothing special waiting for Konosuke to ichii handle your knife as they buy it from the same handle factories as every other Japanese knife company. You should have taken Mark up on his offer to give you a semi-custom handle on a same as you wanted in stock knife and all of this could have been avoided. I'm guessing you just didn't know/understand the Japanese knife industry. Hopefully you have more info and understanding of how it works from everyone here on the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:44 pm 

Lunatic wrote:I think you should direct your rage towards Konosuke and not CKTG.

In all Honesty, Kosuke is not the retailer, Mark is. No reasing to take this out on Kosuke.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:45 pm 

Being a small business owner myself I know how customers will try to play you, and how unrealistic some customers can be. After a while you recognize the red flags.

I do my best to please all of my customers and it seems Mark did the same. Sometimes its just not possible. I have plenty of stories I could tell but I won't bore anyone.

We live in the gotta have it now and me, me, me society. Its a shame really.

I could say more but like they say....if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

Dave

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:54 pm 

Shit happens.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:26 pm 

Melampus wrote:I resonate with every post in this thread. I think everyone has covered it, but I agree strongly, in that, LUCA "Hell if this is a bad customer review, Mark should be very proud of the job he does."

MOWG <>Personally, I have no problem with your posting the good & the bad... BUT it's not my company. You did communicate with Mark, and he did what he could... WHICH WAS A LOT & MORE THAN MOST.

Side note: I ordered a custom Kono a few years ago, and I was told "AROUND 6-8 months." I was clear with the fact that it was a knife being smithed to order on the other side of the planet by people out of CKTG's control. I waited 11.5 months w/o one word... not one, and then my knife arrived as promised.

Murphy's law rules. I had a knife shipped from Pierre up in Canada on December 8th as a x-mas gift. It's still not here, but its out of his control; I'm not bashing him. I do understand your frustration is that you were not contacted, but it seems as if, you misinterpreted your estimated time of delivery. Seems you heard "ESTIMATED TIME OF DELIVERY," and somehow you interpreted that as "GUARANTEED DELIVERY DATE."

p.s.
"No consolation knife, No Christmas present, No discount, NOTHING." was very very cute. :lol:

ship dog food with it next time, I heard the dogs can pull the sled faster if the handler doesn't have to buy food :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
/thread jack and chessy Canada jokes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:16 am 
Forum Moderator

Just to give a bit of perspective in a related business - natural stones, I have been told that sometimes for certain stones in high demand, the customer is told that 'they will get the stone sometime before they die' :) Posthumous complaints are rare LOL.

Agreed, IMO Mark went out of his way on this one. And you missed out on a handle upgrade. Mark's level of customer service is hard to top - one of the best in the business :)

---
Ken

Page 3 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3